chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

annoucements
♚EVE
 Posted: Jun 29 2015, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I know this street and I own this crowd And my only companion is a lightning cloud I seem real nice and easy to trust Ashes to ashes and dust to dust I’m gonna lead you a path to self destruct On this crazy train that I conduct.
22AdminTHE OWNER184 postsapplicationplotting
EVE

Absences!

just a little reminder of our member status thread- it's there for when you guys are going to be slow for a bit, or if you /might/ be away but you're not currently sure. essentially, anything that might affect your activity without you actually being away from a computer/entirely absent. some of you have used it, but then forgotten to update- please return and let us know when it no longer applies!

as a side note, and by no means less importantly- all three admins have been incredibly busy. alice, asya and myself have all hit very stressful points in our lives, or at least... very busy ones- hence the hiring of taylor as a moderator. asya is in a different timezone, alice is working long hours and walking about 10 miles a day to travel there and back due to poor funds, and i'm working a full time job, while applying for another job and doing all that paperwork- while dealing with some mental health problems.

so in short, we're all quite busy. as the owner of chessboard, i do feel absolutely terrible for not meeting the standards of activity i've been accustomed to providing- and i know that alice and asya feel the same. however, these circumstances are beyond our reach, and we simply ask for a little patience from our members; particularly when it comes to applications. while taylor has permission to accept apps, sometimes she might be unsure and leave it up to us. we endeavour to review ALL apps within 48 hours. if we fall outside of that, then feel free to come to us and ask if we could take a look.

hope you all have a pleasant week, and welcome to all our new members!

PMEmail
^
♚ASYA
 Posted: Jul 3 2015, 04:23 AM
You stand with your hand on my waist line It's a scene & we're out here in plain sight I can hear them whisper as we pass by It's a bad sign bad sign Something happens when everybody finds out See the vultures circling dark clouds Love's a fragile little flame it could burn out It could burn out
nineteenAdminfeels reaper251 postsapplicationplotting
ASYA

Membergroups

hello all! hope you've had a pleasant week.

after much discussion, the staff has decided to make our ban on grey wonderlanders permanent. the only wonderlander permitted to stay grey is the white rabbit as he is the only one allowed to travel back and forth to london. all other wonderlanders will be involved with the game between the queen and cheshire cat in the future, and thus must be affiliated with one side or another. in a way, it's like american politics — if your character couldn't care less, they should then choose who they consider to be the lesser of two evils. this change will be reflected in the site information and other relevant areas.

anyone who wishes to make a grey wonderlander must appeal directly to the admins who reserve the right to yay or nay the idea after discussion & majority agreement.

in short, for all applications, london humans should be made grey & wonderlanders must choose between red or black.

have a great weekend!

PM
^
♚ALEX
 Posted: Jul 18 2015, 06:48 AM
When we were young the future was so bright The old neighborhood was so alive And every kid on the whole damn street Was gonna make it big and not be beat
20AdminFeels breaker70 postsapplicationplotting
ALEX

Heads up

from now on, the admin ALICE is going to be ALEX. sorry for any confusion, folks!
PMAIM
^
♚ASYA
 Posted: Jul 22 2015, 09:26 AM
You stand with your hand on my waist line It's a scene & we're out here in plain sight I can hear them whisper as we pass by It's a bad sign bad sign Something happens when everybody finds out See the vultures circling dark clouds Love's a fragile little flame it could burn out It could burn out
ASYA

OTM NOMINATIONS

OTM nominations are up and posted here! They've been pinned across the board which means you can get to them from any board you're in. (So there's no reason to not do noms. I mean. Do your noms.) This does mean that our monthly activity check is right around the corner, so get to posting to make sure you're set for that.
PM
^
♚EVE
 Posted: Aug 1 2015, 05:54 AM
Yeah, I know this street and I own this crowd And my only companion is a lightning cloud I seem real nice and easy to trust Ashes to ashes and dust to dust I’m gonna lead you a path to self destruct On this crazy train that I conduct.
EVE

OTM WINNERS

Congratulations to all of our OTM winners for June and July! You can check out who won, and who we're interviewing as a site this month- by checking out the pinned announcements on any forum/thread! Nifty huh?

As a side note, please remember that one of our co-admins, Asya, is on hiatus currently. If you have any queries direct them to myself, or my other co-admin, Alex. I would advise myself though, as I am off work until September and have a lot more free time currently than Alex :) There is also Taylor, our Moderator! <3

PMEmail
^
♚ASYA
 Posted: Aug 16 2015, 09:40 PM
ASYA

summer events

Hey everyone! Since summer's winding down (and some of us are headed back to school soon!), the summer events boards are now closed to beginning new topics. Threads currently taking place in them will be moved to the past & future board at the end of the month. We plan on having a mini-event up some time in September followed by our big winter events as we get closer to the cold months. Thanks!
PM
^
♚EVE
 Posted: Aug 23 2015, 06:51 AM
EVE

chess pieces

Don't forget to check out the CHESS PIECES lists! Your character won't know of their place on the board unless told ICly by either Jacqueline or Judas (which likely won't happen)- but it's a fun little ooc thing for you to know where your character stands in each leaders estimations. This is subject to change at any time, and is changed by IC interactions so keep yourself updated!

PMEmail
^
♚EVE
 Posted: Aug 24 2015, 04:36 PM
EVE

plot pages

If you somehow hadn't already noticed, I have split the plot page forum into two! Now, not only do you have the option to make your own plot page for your characters, but there's a whole new section for group plot pages! There's already one for the flowers set up in there, why not add your own groups?
PMEmail
^
♚ASYA
 Posted: Aug 31 2015, 01:07 AM
ASYA

ic chat

hey everyone! our in character chatbox is now live here -- register your character's first name in all caps like you do in the main cbox. this link is only available to registered members, so you'll need to be signed into the site to get to the link (unless you bookmark it on your phone or what have you). this also means that effective immediately, IC chat will no longer be allowed in the main (now OOC) cbox. you can still discuss characters and plots, but if it goes in quotations, it goes in the IC cbox. if you have any questions, shoot an admin a PM. thanks!
PM
^
♚ASYA
 Posted: Sep 22 2015, 09:53 AM
ASYA

end of the month

it's that time of the month! the activity check and otm noms have been posted. if you have any questions/etc, bother myself or tay in the cbox or pm or on skype. <3 thanks dolls & have a fabulous tuesday!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya