chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

Just a boy with a dream, To Antoinette
pierre bouchard
 Posted: Jun 2 2015, 07:16 PM
I'm wrecking this evening already and loving every minute of it, ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and it doesn't feel like a night out with no one sizing you up I've never been so surreptitious, so of course you'll be distracted when I spike the punch.
27BlackGryphon54 postsapplicationplotting
pierre bouchard

Pierre loved parties. He absolutely adored them. The fancy dress code, the music, the dancing! He'd begged Terry to go with him to have some fun but wasn't sure if the once-mock turtle would willingly join something he so loathed. Hopefully Pierre would spot Terrence later in the evening. But for now, he was dressed in a bright three-piece suit the exact hue of a barrel of raspberries. Not true red - because that was the Queen's color and he wasn't rude - but very, very close and painful enough to sear the senses. Where he found that hellish outfit, no one could guess. But he made quite the statement as he arrived and even now, mid afternoon and moseying through one of the many ballrooms, he caught the attention of party goers.

Twisted as he was, Pierre enjoyed the attention. He thought they were jealous of his "tasteful" outfit. He grinned as he walked past a group of tittering females - maybe flowers, the way they kept close to one another - and slid a hand through his hair. He decided he'd get some punch - hopefully spiked - and traversed across the dance floor, wiggling his hips as he went. He couldn't dance, per se, but he liked to try. When he reached the table laden with tasty pastries and a variety of beverages. He took a delicate-looking glass cup and filled it to the brim, happily sipping the red liquid. No alcohol, alas, but he was certain by the end of the night he'd be spit-drunk and happy about it. And then maybe he could drag Terrence around for some drunken make out fun dancing.

I figured you'd prefer rapidfire but if not we can lengthen things

You've got me popping champagne, I'm at it again you're caught in the moment but not in the right way we're falling in between tearing up at the seams we're just aiming to please and aesthetics don't hurt one bit So follow me down take this all the way any way you want
PM
^
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: Jul 13 2015, 06:16 PM
I will not fall, won't let it go We will be free when it ends I, I've been waiting for someone like you But now you are slipping away... oh What have you done now?! Why, why does fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us, between me and you
31RedRED ROSE34 postsapplicationplotting
antoinette beaumont

She saw him everwhere.

He lurked in every shadow, loomed over her with every passing stranger- reached out for her with every greeting of a dear friend. Warrick D'Aubigne was everywhere and yet nowhere, the menacing monster lying in wait beneath her bed only to vanish into dust whenever she dared to look. He haunted her every step, her every waking thought, her every dream... and the scars had all but faded from her body. While she was unable to heal herself, the rose possessed a mercifully quick recovery where her own body was concerned: not quick enough, in this case... the sight of the faded claw marks was enough to send her into a terror all on their own.

Even at an event such as this, a place full of such vibrant colour and ,life- she was uneasy, frightened... skittish as she lurked by the table, arms loosely wrapped about herself as though feeling Spring's chill still- biting her lip nervously as a man approached- only for some of that anxiety to lift once she realised who it was.

"Pierre..." She breathed, taking a quick step closer. Truth be told, they weren't the very best of friends- acquaintances on good terms, really. Still, he was a friendly face and at this moment- she'd do anything to avoid her murderous shadow... be he roaming through the crowds this day.

save me from the dark
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya