chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

silly rabbit, tricks are for..., tagged: fintan
aubrey whitney
 Posted: Jun 29 2015, 04:11 PM
I wish that you could see, all that's left of me. In this land of broken dreams, I still try to believe. I'm all right, I'm all right, I don't mind if you don't mind. My blood runs red from the streets to the sewers, to the blue black ocean- I'm caught in the tide but I don't mind if you don't mind.
16GreySTUDENT23 postsapplicationplotting
aubrey whitney

To say Aubrey was easily led would be somewhat of an understatement- he succumbed quite easily to peer pressure; a consequence of a low self esteem, and this flaw could quite often lead him into tricky situations. Usually, it was simply Bailey who had led him astray and as such the situation and the punishment to follow were usually light- a lunchtime detention or a phone being confiscated. Sometimes, though... he'd fall into the orbit of less 'innocent' peers, and although Bailey could hardly be called innocent- skipping class one afternoon to go to the movies hardly weighed up against throwing water balloons at unsuspecting strangers.

Funny as it was proving to be- Aubrey knew deep down it was wrong.

It didn't stop him from going along with it, not when Bailey had yet to show, along with the rest of their little group- and as his father had politely declined to attend... well, what was a boy to do?

So far, they'd managed to soak at least four passers by without any comeuppance. So when a fifth stranger passed by the trees they'd sequestered themselves behind, the boys thought nothing of urging each other into throwing a few. Aubrey's was the only one to make its mark- but his proud moment was shattered the moment the stranger looked directly at him and turned toward the tree.

"Oh shit..."

Turning to his comrades to discuss a plan of action- he realised with a pang of regret and no small amount of fright that he'd been completely abandoned.

the best intentions...
PMEmail
^
fintan travers
 Posted: Aug 6 2015, 07:03 PM
flashing lights & we took a wrong turn & we fell down a rabbit hole you held on tight to me cause nothing's as it seems i'm spinning out of control didn't they tell us don't rush into things haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds we found wonderland you & i got lost in it & we pretended it could last forever
37Greywhite rabbit42 postsapplicationplotting
fintan travers

Fintan's conversation with Jack Lowell had left a sour taste on his mouth, a mix of annoyance and nostalgia. It had probably been too long since he'd last checked in with Jack; thank goodness the Queen and King didn't ask for updates (let alone know where he was) because Fintan didn't know how it would be taken that Jack was easily far better off in London than during his entire lifetime in Wonderland.

He did worry about his head sometimes.

Old habits die hard, as the saying goes.

It did, however, leave Fintan feeling off-kilter and unsure what to do with himself. Not that he had anything specific planned for the day. He just felt unsure of his next immediate step.

His stomach gave a rumble, answering the question for him. Circling around in a U, Fintan wandered off to the side of the festivities along a cluster of trees. Lost in thought about food - a salad, definitely, last night's burger messed up his bowels - he didn't notice the water balloon sailing in his direction until it broke against him, soaking his arm and hip.

Water. All over his Gucci waistcoat.

Fintan's head whipped around. He could faintly hear the sounds of others scattering. His eyes locked on the sole person left.

Bravery was a trait Fintan could admire. It would certainly be useful in ... other places as well.

Anger would be what this (pitiful, frightened) kid would be expecting so instead, Fintan swallowed his displeasure over the soiling of his (very expensive) clothing, slapped on a friendly smile, and asked, "You hungry?"

All these kinds of places Make it seem like it's been ages Tomorrow some new building will scrape the sky I love this country dearly But I never thought I'd be alone to try - - - - -
PMEmail
^
aubrey whitney
 Posted: Aug 15 2015, 07:12 PM
I wish that you could see, all that's left of me. In this land of broken dreams, I still try to believe. I'm all right, I'm all right, I don't mind if you don't mind. My blood runs red from the streets to the sewers, to the blue black ocean- I'm caught in the tide but I don't mind if you don't mind.
16GreySTUDENT23 postsapplicationplotting
aubrey whitney

Aubrey had expected many responses from the man the water balloon had hit- but not the one he received. The absolute last thing he'd thought to hear from Fintan had been an offer of food, and the distrust showed in his eyes as he stepped nervously out from behind the tree, palms slightly raised: he knew when he was caught, and had thought it better to surrender than to try and make a run for it once he'd already been spotted. Was it a ploy, designed to make him come close enough to grab? It seemed so unlikely that the well-dressed man would be so charitable. Men like that only existed in films, or musicals like Oliver or Annie.

He was no raggedy orphan of course, but his stomach felt as empty as one.

"Well, uh... yeah, I mean- I am, yeah, but... why would you?"

Despite himself, he took a step closer, as cautious as a wild animal might be when approaching a man holding out actual food: tempted, but wary.

"I mean... I kind of ruined your suit- I'm really sorry, by the way... for the record..."

Sorry didn't fix things, he knew that much- it was more about the intent, and what you did afterward to make up for your mistakes. Perhaps there was something he could do for this man, to avoid the wrath of the stranger and prevent the need to call the Police. After all, his father was likely working tonight...

the best intentions...
PMEmail
^
fintan travers
 Posted: Aug 18 2015, 02:26 PM
flashing lights & we took a wrong turn & we fell down a rabbit hole you held on tight to me cause nothing's as it seems i'm spinning out of control didn't they tell us don't rush into things haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds we found wonderland you & i got lost in it & we pretended it could last forever
37Greywhite rabbit42 postsapplicationplotting
fintan travers

The kid was trying to apologize for ruining his suit. Bit too late for that, Fintan mused. Instead, he furrowed his brow and gave half an amused smile. "This?" He looked down at the expensive clothing, some of which had come from Wonderland. He waved away the kid's concerns. "I'm not too worried about it. Water dries. No harm done." He finished his smile and relaxed the rest of his expression. There was something about this kid that sparked a curiosity in Fintan. He maybe, possibly had potential.

"I'm serious," he said, pushing as much London into his accent as he could. "You look like you could use an extra kilo or two and I'm quite hungry myself. Burgers alright with you?" he asked. He let his magic play at the edges of his question -- enough to convince without seeming odd or out of the ordinary. "Come along," he said with an extra pulse of magic and gestured with his head in the direction of the pub he was thinking of. "Think of it as penance for today's incident."

All these kinds of places Make it seem like it's been ages Tomorrow some new building will scrape the sky I love this country dearly But I never thought I'd be alone to try - - - - -
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya