chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

i've got an e l a s t i c heart, tagged: evonny
shannon saunders
 Posted: Apr 7 2015, 07:07 PM
I'm breaking free from these memories Gotta let it go, just let it go I've said goodbye Set it all on fire Gotta let it go, just let it go
30GreyTA35 postsapplicationplotting
shannon saunders

There were times when Shannon needed to escape. The four walls of her apartment were cold on those nights, loneliness getting under her skin even more so than usual. She needed out so she decided to drag herself out.

Soho had been one of the safest places at the late hour so she decided to head there. Distraction was necessary, otherwise she felt as though she would implode. Given that she was a teacher assistant, that wasn’t something she particularly wanted – she knew she was needed, even if there were times when she was convinced that it was all in her head.

Hands clasping her handbag, she walked into a club. She chose a comfy corner with a sofa; bar stools were uncomfortable for longer periods of time as she found out. She took a few moments to calm herself. She was able to do this and she knew it. So she walked towards the cloakroom and left her bag and coat there, only retrieving her wallet and phone – ever so casually stuffing both into her bra. She needed to let herself go, enjoy life a little. Knowing she didn’t have much time left to go out as much as she should have done in her twenties, she was determined to make this count somehow. Sauntering over to the bar, she pulled out her wallet. The dress she was wearing complimented her and she adjusted her bra before choosing a drink. Walking off with a glass, she had to admit she was disappointed; she used to get all the free drinks. Maybe she was too old after all?

Her heart skipped a beat in panic as she sipped at her cocktail.

And another one bites the dust... Oh why can I not conquer love?
PMEmailAIM
^
evonny frost
 Posted: Apr 19 2015, 05:50 PM
Put on the red light You don't have to wear that dress tonight Walk the streets for money You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right You don't have to put on the red light
31GreyMasseuse25 postsapplicationplotting
evonny frost

Evonny was dressed to the nines, meaning her outfit was picked out to eccentuate all of her best features. She wore a low-cut emerald green halter top with an open back. Her black pants were fitted to her skin and tucked into black lace-up boots. She'd already had a black leather jacket hung in the coat closet of the club. Her hair, in curls down her back, was half up, pulled away from her face to showcase her gorgeous violet eyes rimmed with kohl. Her make-up was down played but perfectly applied to show off her best features, her eyes and lips.

She'd come to the club after a night with one of her regulars. He'd insisted she wear emerald green and black leather. He always loved her in green and black. So she'd obeyed, and had been well rewarded. Yet, even after a long and eventful night, she'd not been ready to return home. So she'd come to the club.

She'd already been through two drinks and a few dances when the lovely blonde caught her eye. She watched as she girl, whose body language sang of insecurity, sat at the bar. She was intrigued by the beauty, watching her pay for her drink. It was as the girl turned that she saw a flash of panic in her eyes. She recognized the look and felt her lips pull up in a smile. The girl had never had to pay for her own drink before. This honestly didn't surprise her, as the blonde was gorgeous. In fact, she was shocked that she'd had to pay at all.

She ordered two of what the girl had just ordered, waving off a man who tried to hit on her. She paid for her drinks, making a point to tip well. She then sauntered over to the blonde, watching her body language and adjusting hers accordingly. She didn't want to come on too strong. This girl was unsure of herself. She put a bit of ease and relaxation in her step, toned down the overt sexuality. Anyone watching intently would have been fascinated to see the transformation. But this was what Evonny did for a living.

She approached the girl, opened her mouth, then shut it. She pretended to hesitate before holding out one of the drinks. "I know this sounds blunt, but you're absolutely beautiful. I was hoping I could buy your next drink." she gave her a soft, half smile. She wasn't lying, the girl was stunning. Almost like a light version to Evonny's dark. Her pale hair and skin were accented beautifully by her outfit. While she wasn't looking for sex, she wouldn't rule it out if the girl offered. Part of her just didn't like the look of fear in her eyes.

And I will stay up through the night * Let's be clear, I won't close my eyes * And I know that I can survive * I walked through fire to save my life
PM
^
shannon saunders
 Posted: Apr 21 2015, 05:39 AM
I'm breaking free from these memories Gotta let it go, just let it go I've said goodbye Set it all on fire Gotta let it go, just let it go
shannon saunders

She was way too tense. It was just a sodding drink... Sighing, she continued with the cocktail as she wondered what exactly pushed her out like that. She should have asked a friend to go out with her, really, she knew it would most likely turn out to be a disappointing evening and that by the end of it she'd end up in her bed, curled up under blankets with a hot water bottle and some music. That being said, asking people to go out with her has never been the strongest of her points, as she was scared of rejection - and not asking in the first place was one way to ensure it wouldn't happen.

It was really setting out to be a shit evening... that was until she saw a woman approach her. She was gorgeous, with long dark hair and mesmerising eyes, with makeup that complimented her face and made certain features stand out more than others. Shannon smiled at the other, crossing one leg over the other and she blinked twice when she heard the comment and had the decency to blush a little before looking back to her drink with a sad half-smile.

"Thank you." She said quietly before shifting her gaze to the woman again. "You're gorgeous." She continued, the smile growing into something more genuine. Maybe her evening wouldn't be as bad as she anticipated, after all.

PMEmailAIM
^
evonny frost
 Posted: Apr 28 2015, 10:12 PM
Put on the red light You don't have to wear that dress tonight Walk the streets for money You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right You don't have to put on the red light
evonny frost

Evonny smiled, keeping her expression soft and warm, with just a hint of seduction. No need to get too pushy, not with this one. She watched her blush at the compliment and saw the half-smile, though it wasn’t bright and joyous. Evonny decided that would be changed before the night was out.

She smiled at the compliment and sat down next to the girl, sipping at her drink. ”Thank you.” she said simply, her tone soft in appreciation but showing no signs of thinking otherwise. Evonny knew she was beautiful, she’d spent years building her self-confidence. She knew her strengths and weaknesses, and when she’d discovered the weaknesses she had worked to change them. She was over thirty, but didn’t look a day past twenty-five. She took damn good care of herself and while she wasn’t conceded, she knew she was attractive.

She watched the girl for a moment before holding out her hand. ”I’m Evonny. she gave her name a soft purr. It was a habit when she was in this mode. ”I have to know…are you waiting on someone? I can’t imagine anyone would stand you up and I’m baffled that you could possibly be sitting alone unless you wanted it that way.” she glanced around. Eyes were turning their way, ”Is he in the bathroom? Or she?” she asked, referring to an imaginary partner that had to be with the beauty. This tactic was for two reasons, as she knew well enough the woman was alone. She’d watched her for a few minutes before approaching. But this would help in gauging if the girl was into men or women by her body language and response. Plus, it would hopefully bolster the blonde’s self-confidence. If it didn’t, then Evonny would just have to change her tactic. She had an entire playbook to pull from, so it wasn’t difficult.

And I will stay up through the night * Let's be clear, I won't close my eyes * And I know that I can survive * I walked through fire to save my life
PM
^
shannon saunders
 Posted: May 1 2015, 07:05 AM
shannon saunders

Shannon raised an eyebrow, her eyes on the woman with her as she tried to figure out what she was playing at. The beauty couldn’t possibly be so bored as to be interested in someone as plain as her – while Shannon knew that she was capable of looking nice, she didn’t have all that much confidence in her looks. Next to someone who looked like she was off of a runway, that wasn’t exactly surprising however it raised questions.

The woman’s eyes on her made her feel a bit uncomfortable but at the end of the day, this was a bar. She couldn’t exactly complain and once she’d heard the name, she smiled and took the other’s hand gently.

“Shannon.” She responded before letting go of her hand. Her skin was very smooth and that was distracting. Shannon decided to take the straw out of her cocktail and finish it in one go. When she’d heard the questions that followed, she put the glass down. “Well, if I told you I was on my own, it would cue you to kidnap me...” She joked, growing more and more relaxed. She noted how the questions were phrased and chuckled under her breath. She had to give Evonny props for that however; it was a very subtle way of asking if Shannon preferred men or women. That being said though, she didn’t want to make it easy.

PMEmailAIM
^
evonny frost
 Posted: May 8 2015, 03:56 PM
evonny frost

Evonny noted the quick handshake, the girl wasn't keen on being touch by a stranger for too long. That was interesting, but then again, Evonny made a living from being touched by strangers. Wow, that sounded odd even in her head. "Shannon...that's pretty." she said softly as she took a sip from her drinking, watching the blonde toss back the rest of hers.

She pushed the drink she'd brought towards the blonde, offering it to her. She did notice how deftly she avoided Evonny's question, not giving her the slightest clue as to her preference. At least not verbally. Curiously enough, her comment made Evonny chuckle. "Very clever, though I've never had to kidnap anyone before. Might make for an interesting change, but I prefer my companions willing." she smirked, taking another sip. "Though...it if were a game, then I'd be up for it." she cocked her head to the side, watching Shannon for a moment.

"Do you like playing games?" So she was going to try a different method of figuring out if Shannon was interested in boys, girls, or both. Normally Evonny was damn good at reading people, everyone had a tell. She could find it and use it to her advantage within seconds. But Shannon was different. Oh she had a few tells, but she was reserved, hidden behind something. It made her more intriguing to Evonny who felt like a challenge at the moment. If nothing else, it would at least keep her from getting bored.

PM
^
shannon saunders
 Posted: Jun 26 2015, 06:33 AM
shannon saunders

There was something about Evonny that reminded Shannon of her teenage years. There was that quiet confidence that Shannon used to have – but it didn’t seem as natural with Evonny, it seemed like it was carefully crafted to look that way. The woman sounded like she knew exactly what she was doing and to Shan, she seemed like a pretty good socialite. The whiskey burned the blonde’s throat, reminding her of the old times further.

It honestly didn’t feel right to be in a bar again, not after the long years of recovery from alcoholism and violent withdrawal from both alcohol and drugs. But it was fine now and that was what she had to cling to, choosing to focus on the conversation with the mysterious woman instead.

“I do enjoy games.” She replied, a small smile back on her face as she brought herself back. “Are we about to play twenty questions in regards to my sexuality?”

PMEmailAIM
^
evonny frost
 Posted: Jul 27 2015, 10:24 PM
evonny frost

Evonny waiting patiently as the beautiful woman studied her for a moment. Though she was rather fascinated as the look in her eyes became distant for a brief moment. She was thinking of something, something that took her focus off of Evonny and seemed to cause just the slightest concern. This fascinated Evonny, from a psychology aspect. But she had to remind her that she was just looking for a good time not another client.

It was only moments, but eventually Shannon’s attention returned to Evonny. She smirked as the blonde agreed to enjoying games. Though Evonny wasn’t prepared for the follow up question. It made her laugh and smile genuinely at Shannon. While the blonde looked petite and unsure of herself, she sure as hell knew how to play with the best of them. This intrigued Evonny as she took a sip of her own drink, relishing the smooth burn as it warmed her chest.

She regarded Shannon with a grin on her lips and a slight tilt to her head. ”I’ve never played twenty questions when it comes to someone’s preference. Usually I can tell right off the bat…but you are good at hiding something if you don’t want it to be known.” she grinned. ”So I suppose twenty questions, category sexuality, sounds a bit fun.” she shrugged, ”Or I could just ask if I could kiss you…then again, where would be the fun in that.” her eyes twinkled with mischievous intentions. Evonny liked someone who could hold their own in banter.

PM
^
shannon saunders
 Posted: Jul 28 2015, 08:49 PM
shannon saunders

Feeling suddenly more relaxed than usual, Shannon smiled and dropped her shoulders as she looked back at Evonny. It seemed that the girl wasn’t prepared for her quick retort in regards to sexuality and what she was trying to get at. After all, Shan had enough experience when it came to people; working in a school did that to a person.

“It does sound fun, I must admit.” She chuckled. “Ask me? Why, aren’t you polite.” She grinned as she put a strand of hair behind her ear. “Go on then, love. First question.”

PMEmailAIM
^
evonny frost
 Posted: Aug 14 2015, 01:17 PM
evonny frost

Evonny grinned as Shannon relaxed. So she felt herself leaning forward to rest her elbows on the table, a sultry grin pulling her lips. "I've never been called polite before. I've never asked for a kiss either, but I'm always up for new experiences." she teased.

She watched Shannon, tilting her head from one side to the other. "Let's see question one..." she bit her bottom lip lightly. "Top or bottom?" If she was going to play the game, she wasn't going hold back. Granted she could easily ask the question blatantly, but this seemed like more fun.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya