chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

like dancing sugar mushrooms in my head, Tag: Qaseem
ruby singer
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 09:20 PM
Emancipate me | Free the animal, free the animal | I love you so I'm putting you in quicksand | You take your chances when you kiss the hitman | The animal's inside of this infinite jest | Loving you to death
29BlackMarch Hare59 postsapplicationplotting
ruby singer

Ruby's hair was smooth as silk, rich black as the feathers of a raven. Her pale skin was covered by a pair of short black shorts that were high waisted with slender silver pinstripes. A black corset with a sweetheart neckline fit her slim figure and emphasized the hourglass figure. Her boots were suede, black and fit like a second skin up to her knees. The outfit was sleek and seductive, until you saw the floor length old maroon velour jacket with patches of different color and style fabric covering numerous holes. It was obviously a well loved and worn jacket. Paired with the flower crown she wore on her head, and it was easy to see she'd dressed herself to suit her mood more so than for style purposes.

Her mood, was playful but seductive. It was why she was happily sashaying her way through the Caterpillar Forest, spinning and singing loudly a nonsense song. "Caterpillar soft and bright, once was blue with pipes alight. Now with skin of rich royal mahogany, head of curls and eyes like..." she paused biting her lip. "Like...like...hmmmm....his eyes are all melty. They make you feel melty...But that doesn't rhyme. How to make that rhyme..." She pondered and continued dancing through the mushrooms.

"Where can a girl find a handsome Caterpillar when she needs one!" she sang out, twirling in a circle. She kept spinning and spinning, reveling in the feel of dizziness washing over her.

Silly of me to think that you could ever know the things I do...Silly of me to take the time to comb my hair and pour the wine...Silly silly me
PM
^
qaseem achari
 Posted: Sep 5 2015, 09:06 PM
n/a
38BlackCaterpillar36 postsapplicationplotting
qaseem achari

Upon first encountering the March Hare in her human forum, Qaseem had hardly been able to believe that the vision before him was, in fact, the same tea-loving madman he had known before. That was until she opened her mouth and began to speak. Her rhymes and riddles made it obvious to him that the Hare was as mad as ever - though there was something different about her. A vulnerability he had the desire to latch on to and exploit. He had not chosen Ruby as a target because of his own desire of self-promotion. No, usually he sought out those aligned with the Queen to win over, to keep him in her good graces should she ever suspect where his true loyalties might lie. So why then, go after the Hare? Why toy with her emotions and he mind, seeking to drive her madder than ever?

The way she looked twirling around in that corset might have something to do with it. The urges he had as a man were much different than those as a bug, and some part of him longed to thread his fingers through that silky dark hair of hers and just tug. But it was more than that. For the most part he was amused by her rather eccentric personality, and at the very least found her interesting to observe while sampling whatever new treats Maxient had provided him with from Fintan's not-so-secret trips back to London. As far as loyal customers went, Ruby was most certainly one of his favorites - though with the Mock Turtle as her competition, it was clearly no contest.

A sly grin crept across his face as he watched her for a few moments before making his presence be known. She might be singing nonsense as she danced and twirled through the forest, but it was still enjoyable to watch. "You called, dear Ruby?" He said finally, emerging from a group of slightly taller mushrooms.

Sometimes terror and pain are not the best levers; deception, when it works, is the most elegant and the least expensive manipulation of all.
PM
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Sep 27 2015, 02:55 PM
Emancipate me | Free the animal, free the animal | I love you so I'm putting you in quicksand | You take your chances when you kiss the hitman | The animal's inside of this infinite jest | Loving you to death
29BlackMarch Hare59 postsapplicationplotting
ruby singer

Oblivious to the fact that she was being watched, as she spun in circles, Ruby could have easily been in danger. Though, on some lever it could be said that she was in fact in quite a bit of danger, with the predatory Qaseem watching her. Not that she would have known. When it comes to ignorance being bliss, Ruby was of the most blissful.

She jumped slightly when a voice broke through her spinning and song. She stopped, teetering a bit as the world continued to whirl around her. Still, her eyes were easily able to focus on a single point. The tall, dangerously handsome figure gliding from between some of the taller mushrooms. She beamed at him, the joy of seeing him clear as day in her pale eyes and facial expression. One thing could be said of Ruby, it was not often she could hide her emotions, they displayed clearly in her eyes as though looking through windows.

"My Caterpillar!" she exclaimed, as though to claim such a powerful man as her own were the most natural thing in the world. To Ruby, it was a sign of endearment, though anyone who knew the Caterpillar would know that he could not be claimed as anyones. He was very much his own individual. Still, it was how Ruby showed affection.

She wobbled on her feet a bit, giving him a lopsided grin as she waited for the mushrooms to settle in a single spot. "I was looking for you!" She beamed as she moved towards him, her steps becoming less wobbly and more confident. "I woke up this morning with a hankering for excitement! So I dressed and told my feet to take me where they wished to go!"[b] she gestured to her feet as she closed the distance between them. [b]"And believe it or not, I found myself here! And then it occurred to me, my feet knew my mind better than I did! What better excitement than the attentions of the most handsome in ALL the Caterpillar Forest?" she tilted her head back to look up at him.

Since the change in Wonderland, she'd remained relatively close in height, having not been a very large Hare as it was, and now being just an inch or two over five foot...yet the Caterpillar was not much taller than her. She liked it, tall men brought her joy. She often was drawn to them. "What do you say Qaseem, do you have time to lavish me with some attention and excitement?"

Silly of me to think that you could ever know the things I do...Silly of me to take the time to comb my hair and pour the wine...Silly silly me
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya