chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

ACHILLES HALDEN
achilles halden
 Posted: Sep 1 2015, 02:00 AM
You saw my pain washed out in the rain, broken glass, saw the blood run from my veins but you saw no fault, no cracks in my heart and you knelt beside my hope torn apart. But the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view we'll live a long life so give me hope in the darkness that I will see the light
29RedRed Knight113 postsapplicationplotting
achilles halden

The Affair

I'm not exactly sure what to say here.

I guess I should start with the sudden affair I've been dragged into. I shouldn't say dragged. I stepped in of my own volition - though I didn't exactly have a way to say no, either. Not to my Queen. Yet here I am, in this fucked up situation and I don't know what to do.

Her Majesty--Jacqueline has never shown the slightest interest in me. To be frank, I don't think that's changed. I don't have some deluded belief she might want me. I don't fantasize her begging me to be king. Shudders. I wouldn't even want it if it were true. I never want to be king, I don't want Jacqueline's heart. That sounds ungrateful, I don't intend it to be. But I'm so confused. Why me? What does she want of me? It's not just about sex, though I don't know what else it might be. Fuck, I hate this. I hate being put into positions I don't understand.

The Mad Queen never put me in this position. She wouldn't consider it. Watching me fuck around didn't amuse her. It didn't further her plans. Who I slept with meant nothing, and admittedly I liked that. She knew she had me however she needed me, and she left it at that. While I might be decent in the sack - not that I would know, I'm pretty biased - that's not how my loyalty was intended to be used. I didn't offer up my life to become the Queen's fuck boy.

It's difficult to complain. Maybe what gets to me most is knowing she's using me. Passion between the sheets or not, I know it isn't me she's thinking of. It's not me she wants. If she did, this whole situation might change completely. I could refuse a pursuit of interest. But a Queen looking for revenge or attention or a big dramatic scene? I don't know what to do. I haven't even told Lance. I don't know why I would, or why I'd even bring him up. It doesn't matter. I haven't told anyone, that's what I meant. But people will find out eventually.

Will they question my loyalty? Will they question my ability to perform as her knight? What will they say about me and the Mad Queen? This is all so fucked up. I don't know if I would have refused, even if I'd thought of the consequences at the time. I don't know if she would have let me. Don't get me wrong, I don't consider her the type to order me to her bed if I said no. I don't think less of her for this. But I think there's something more I should be doing. Something she's trying to tel me with all of this.

But I'm so stupid I can't begin to imagine what. How do I help my Queen if I don't know what she needs? Fucking is only going to get her so far, whatever her end game is. I'm afraid I'm more than useless when she needs me most and there's nothing I can do about it. Will I always be this waste of a person?

Will I ever be worthy of my titles, of her respect and kindness? Her trust?

Will I be worthy of anyone? Right now I don't think I deserve the muck clinging to Branwen's hooves after a hard run, much less her trust or Lance's friendship. And there I go again. There must be something wrong with me. Fuck.

What is common? What is normal? What is wrong with me? In the end, how will I be judged? A skull to hold the worms? A body to cradle dust? If it means becoming like these Wrinkled people with Shriveled lives I'll forfeit this shadow Game of compromise...
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya