chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

take me to church (M), tagged: isaac
toby williams
 Posted: Aug 31 2015, 07:30 AM
This was the way he had to go; he had no choice. He had never had any choice. He was only a dreamer.
26Greystudent18 postsapplicationplotting
toby williams

To err is human, and Toby had certainly made a grievous error. Whether it was loneliness or sheer stupidity that had driven him to it, he wasn't entirely certain. Penelope's disappearance had certainly addled his mind and for the life of him, he couldn't quite understand why it had to such an extent. Of course, she was a dear friend, and her disappearance was certainly something to worry about- but why did he feel such an intense guilt? He hadn't told her a thing to make her suspect anything, hadn't breached the subject of their to-be engagement, thus it couldn’t possibly be anything to do with him. And yet he felt remorse, and yet he felt responsible...

A Police report had finally been filed and that evening found him once again attempting to console his frantic nerves with drink. He was by no means an alcoholic, but he'd learned from watching his father that at times, there was no better cure for stressful times than a couple of stiff glasses. What his father had failed to tell him, was that sometimes these stiff glasses can confuse the mind further… and make a truly terrible idea seem to be a harmless choice, a cheerful act made in the moment that can bring the most well-meaning man into a very compromising position.

Thus, loneliness and liqueur had brought Isaac Irving to the doorstep of Tobias Williams.

While he might have already begun to regret his decision, he'd been brought up in a polite, English household- and thus he allowed the man entry, biting his lip as he shut it behind him. Anxiety coursed through his veins like the alcohol the previous night and his hand shook as he fastened the lock. What would people say? Certainly, they weren't living in the eighteenth century… things were a little more relaxed these days. Still, there would be gossip, and if his parents were to find out… well, things would end very badly. Think of the scandal, Tobias he could almost hear their voices in his mind and he swallowed hard.

“Can I get you anything…? A drink, or...”

Gentle whispered sins and I retreat and I hide but no matter how I try, I end up here, with you, good judgement ended and a sinner I become.
PMEmail
^
isaac irving
 Posted: Sep 1 2015, 04:09 AM
No one knows what it's like to be the bad man... to be the sad man... behind blue eyes.
28GreyProstitute20 postsapplicationplotting
isaac irving

Isaac chose a simple, rather casual outfit. He wore skinny black trousers, shiny shoes, and a grey blazer with three quarter sleeves. The only colour was his top, crewneck, burgundy. He didn’t want to overdo it.

It wasn’t the first time that someone called him up while completely wasted; on the contrary, quite a lot of his clients would chose to drink before phoning him – it made it a hell of a lot easier. He didn’t mind, as long as they weren’t so drunk during the appointment. He had to be able to discuss things prior of jumping in... After all, everybody had different needs.

Tobias Williams didn’t sound like he knew what hiring a prostitute meant, even as drunk as he was. Isaac had a small glass of wine while he was getting ready, gathering things that he would need into one of his gym bags. He was going to drive – he was never one for staying at a client’s home... but he still fondly remembered that one time he had to climb out the window because the wife was back from a holiday earlier than anticipated.

Once he arrived, it was clear that Tobias probably wanted him to be very careful. The house in London was obviously very posh, making even Isaac raise an eyebrow. It was state of the art, really, with the beautiful smooth walls and clearly heavy door. He knocked gently only to be let in, in a matter of minutes.

Tobias Williams was as much a virgin as Isaac expected, if not more.

The air was thick between them, the anxiety practically rolling off the man in front of him. He had to be gentle and understanding, he could do that.

Isaac took a deep breath in after realising he’s been holding it for a while, admiring his client. His hair was dark, curly and it looked very soft. His eyes were captivating and if Isaac didn’t know better, he could fall in love in an instant.

When he really thought about it, it would be easier than Dominic. He probably won’t see Tobias after tonight, after all.

“I’ll have a glass of water please.”

Do you know who I am? Good, neither do I. Got nothing to say... But if you pay me I can play the fool!
PMEmailAIM
^
toby williams
 Posted: Sep 5 2015, 01:31 PM
This was the way he had to go; he had no choice. He had never had any choice. He was only a dreamer.
26Greystudent18 postsapplicationplotting
toby williams

He wasn’t an idiot, he knew of course that homosexuality was far more acceptable now than it had been in past centuries, or even thirty years ago. It wouldn't be taken quite as badly in the public eye as his parents would have him believe. There would be no mob at the door, there would be no public shaming or court case or execution, no stay in an asylum to 'cure' him of his evil ways. Really, the whole thing would probably be condensed down to a small column in the Evening Standard or the local gossip magazine announcing one of 'London's richest bachelors' to be gay, and thus, unavailable for any girls that might otherwise have flocked. Really, it'd be nothing to worry about, if his parents weren't so regrettably old fashioned, so backwards in their judgement.

To be gay would be to be disinherited, and he couldn't afford the risk.

Really, the main problem- the issue that would result in a little bit more than a small column on a back page somewhere was the very real fact that he was hiring a prostitute. Society might have been a little more progressive than it had been in previous years but soliciting, he was quite sure- was still a crime. It would be perceived badly, and could even result in a court case if he wasn't careful. Assuming his parents chose not to cover up the shame to their family while simultaneously disinheriting him.

All this and more ran through his mind a mile a minute as Isaac responded, and for a moment he just stared back at him- wide eyed, before a sheepish smile crossed his face and he nodded once. “Of course, give me a moment...” and he disappeared down the hall and through one of the wooden doors into quite an expansive kitchen. He was old fashioned, preferring the kitchen to be separate from the dining room- and the house was big enough to accommodate him. Water was poured from a filter in the front of the fridge, ice cold, and he came back out with it- ushering Isaac into the lounge, which housed several leather sofas: one three seater and two doubles. “Please sit down...” He murmured, pressing the glass into Isaac's hand as he spoke- retreating to the opposite side of the room and sinking into one of the doubles, tucking his legs up onto it beside him, so as to take up the entire space.

Gentle whispered sins and I retreat and I hide but no matter how I try, I end up here, with you, good judgement ended and a sinner I become.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya