chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

annoucements
♚ALEX
 Posted: Mar 31 2015, 01:11 PM
When we were young the future was so bright The old neighborhood was so alive And every kid on the whole damn street Was gonna make it big and not be beat
20AdminFeels breaker70 postsapplicationplotting
ALEX

News

this is an announcement thread, we will post in here whenever something important happens.
PMAIM
^
♚ALEX
 Posted: Mar 31 2015, 01:15 PM
When we were young the future was so bright The old neighborhood was so alive And every kid on the whole damn street Was gonna make it big and not be beat
ALEX

housekeeping

hello guys! just a quick announcement to remind you of a couple of things.

cbox! cbox is a very public chat area. guests and new members alike will most likely look at the cbox first to judge what the site and people on the site are like, so be sure to be curteous and polite while talking. please do not talk about heavy topics and take all personal matters to pm/messenger.

rules! take a few minutes to re-read and take in the rules, faq and the like. most likely, the answer to your question is already there but in case it's not, all admins are frequent in the cbox and if we're not there at the time, feel absolutely free to send us a pm. please understand that our lives and responsibilities come first and chessboard is something that we do in our own time as a form of relaxation.

activity check! not this month. we've only just set off so we're giving you and ourselves some time to get ourselves in gear but once april hits, there will be an activity check and we will start enforcing the post quota. please refer to the rules for more information.

member status! please keep us updated regarding your activity in the member status thread and keep on checking the admin status thread as it changes frequently.

PMAIM
^
♚ASYA
 Posted: Apr 1 2015, 03:11 PM
You stand with your hand on my waist line It's a scene & we're out here in plain sight I can hear them whisper as we pass by It's a bad sign bad sign Something happens when everybody finds out See the vultures circling dark clouds Love's a fragile little flame it could burn out It could burn out
nineteenAdminfeels reaper251 postsapplicationplotting
ASYA

tag box

we have a tag box!

it's the shoutbox at the bottom of the page. it will auto refresh and there is a specific format we're asking you guys use to keep things clean and neat. (you can find it by clicking 'rules' at the top of the shoutbox.) enjoy!

PM
^
♚EVE
 Posted: Apr 7 2015, 06:48 AM
Yeah, I know this street and I own this crowd And my only companion is a lightning cloud I seem real nice and easy to trust Ashes to ashes and dust to dust I’m gonna lead you a path to self destruct On this crazy train that I conduct.
22AdminTHE OWNER184 postsapplicationplotting
EVE

important

absences!

while we haven't had an activity check yet, we will be holding one at the end of this month! so please make it a habit now to post absences if you know you're not going to be posting for a little bit! our weekly quota will kick in soon too. if you don't have an absence up and you miss an activity check, we will label you inactive. it only takes a few seconds to throw up an absence notice, so please do so! and if you're going to be noticeably slow for a bit, update us in the member status thread. thank you!

PMEmail
^
♚ASYA
 Posted: Apr 22 2015, 06:02 PM
You stand with your hand on my waist line It's a scene & we're out here in plain sight I can hear them whisper as we pass by It's a bad sign bad sign Something happens when everybody finds out See the vultures circling dark clouds Love's a fragile little flame it could burn out It could burn out
ASYA

AC & OTM

alright, chess players, we've been open for a full month, so we're rolling out our first activity check & otm nominations. they have various deadlines, so make sure you stay on top of those. happy writing!
PM
^
♚ALEX
 Posted: Apr 25 2015, 05:58 PM
ALEX

RULES

there has been a change in the rules, please take a moment to revisit them. Thanks!
PMAIM
^
♚EVE
 Posted: May 2 2015, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I know this street and I own this crowd And my only companion is a lightning cloud I seem real nice and easy to trust Ashes to ashes and dust to dust I’m gonna lead you a path to self destruct On this crazy train that I conduct.
EVE

EVENTS

we have some shiny new events up to celebrate may day and the approach of summer! please do join us in the roulettes and come play with us <3 we hope you enjoy them!

PMEmail
^
♚ASYA
 Posted: May 25 2015, 12:48 AM
ASYA

AC & OTM

it's that time of the month! (no, my period isn't for another four days, thanks for wondering.) to your left, we have the activity check and to your right are the otm nominations. they have various deadlines, so make sure you stay on top of those. happy writing!

PM
^
♚EVE
 Posted: Jun 5 2015, 07:03 PM
EVE

OTM RESULTS

alrighty! i'm a little late getting these up but the awards have finally been posted! take a little looskie at that last dot on the banner to see them! congratulations to all our winners!

PMEmail
^
♚EVE
 Posted: Jun 14 2015, 05:59 AM
EVE

Congrats!

congratulations to taylor, who has become the newest member of our staffing team as our first ever moderator! welcome to the team, tay!

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya