chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

WEBSTER, SOPHIE WILHELMINA, F | 20 | PANSY | LILY COLLINS
sophie webster
 Posted: Aug 22 2015, 11:42 PM
Three little birds sat on my window And they told me I don't need to worry Summer came like cinnamon, so sweet
20Redpansy32 postsapplicationplotting
sophie webster

Sophie Wilhelmina Webster
Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth
Sophie had been content with living in Wonderland, but when her sister ventured out of the flowerbed in her new set of legs, Sophie had been a little more curious than her eldest sister would have liked. What was out there that had made her sister leave for so long? Her curiosity itched, crawled up her fragile legs and beckoned her towards the gates between their worlds. Something about it was so alluring, yet taking that step into London wasn’t something she was ready to do, and unfortunately she wouldn’t get the chance to do it at all after the portals closed. It had sent her little pattering heart in pieces. Why didn’t she do what she so obviously desired? Something sparked in her that had never been lighted before; a sense of reckless abandon overtook her decision making process. Somewhere unspoken, she believed that maybe doing everything and anything in Wonderland could make up for not ever setting foot in London. ‘No’ has been officially eradicated from her vocabulary.
naive — passionate — adventurous — cheerful — pure
Name:
Sophie Wilhelmina Webster

Nickname(s):
Soph

Birthday:
16 August

Hometown:
Flower garden

Canon/Occupation:
Pansy

Membergroup:
Red

Face Claim:
Lily Collins

Sophie enjoys reciting poetry to herself and pretending like she didn’t when confronted.
As a pansy, Sophie had enjoyed being in a stationary flowerbed with her fellow sisters, there was never a dull moment with her family. She woke up at first light, stretched out her petals and took in the cool dew into her pores. Even then she enjoyed creating poems, songs, and little phrases that sounded pleasing to the ear. She would always have a smile on her face, never needing to be anywhere but where she was. Everything had been perfect, a family of aromatic and loving flowers, fragrance that wrapped her in a soft blanket of love. Never did she have to worry about lacking any love or guidance, she had access to the most generous of role models every which way.

She could remember huddling close to her sisters and giggling along with jokes she didn’t quite understand, especially when they met Alice. A weed, they called her. What was so important about a pesky little weed here to spoil their flowerbed? She had tried to keep away from Alice the way her sisters had, pushing her away far from her memories as well, it had been so long ago, and she had been so young. What she did understand was that soon upon her death, things started to change, as did their form.

When Sophie first gained new legs one morning, she cried. Where were her roots that sank deep into the soil? She could no longer feel the nutrients from the ground, something that had literally given her an anchor to the earth. Now she was like that Alice, a mobile creature cursed to never feel the power of the earth. Her disconnection to nature felt unreal; she was a flower snipped at her stem, a sure swift death was imminent, but it never came. Her sisters took her and nursed her broken foundation. The legs were the hardest part for her; they were so unlike her strong stems.

These legs were nothing but a nuisance she had to adjust herself to using. There was too much to become accustomed to, she might as well have cried every day and given up on life. There was so much she didn't understand. She had to eat food from her mouth? She had to wear clothes? Sophie felt hunger, thirst, and fear above all, less than she’d like to admit, excitement.

With these extra parts of her body, she could taste the most wonderful food, feel water roll down her arms unlike the feeling of dew on her petals, the sound of birds even sounded different, more crisp. She still enjoyed being in the sun, but the heat was likewise different, a warmth that could only come from being much taller and higher above ground. Touch was unusually difficult to understand. The feel of grass on her legs tickled her skin; it felt waxy between her fingers. What a marvel the human senses were, the detail her eyes could catch in the woods was unparalleled. She had never crossed streams, ran through open fields, or even seen a castle.

When her sisters started to leave for extended periods to London, the place Alice was from, she stayed close by to Red. Sophie had been too timid; too scared to venture out and see the new human world. She envied her sisters who had the bravery to see it for themselves and leave for so long, leave her behind. They always came back with fantastic stories of delicious food, grand buildings, machines called ‘cars’ and strange people.

A serious flood of envy would overtake her every time she heard from her traveling sisters. What marvels London offered! It took some time before she could muster up the courage to even see the portal, but it had taken her too long to make the final decision to walk through it. Tomorrow, she always had tomorrow to go there, tomorrow, and then it closed. Just like that, the option of going had been cut off, there was no more chance for another tomorrow. Her chance was gone.

Ever since realizing her mistake in taking so long to decide to go, she has has chosen to live without a single regret. There was never going to be a boring moment for her, she was going to do everything that she wanted to do and whenever she wanted to. There was no such thing as a hesitation; if she didn’t take her new life seriously she would forever be living a life of missed opportunities. And she was full of regret over London. Here she goes into every unknown that she could find herself in, regardless of the repercussions, she learned her lesson the first time, no more regrets. She was going to be more like her sisters, adventurous, daring and confident (or as much as she had the courage to be).

ronnie — 21 — est — pm — n/a

PM
^
♔TAYLOR
 Posted: Aug 23 2015, 02:11 AM
I don't need you to save me I don't need you to cure me I don't need you and your antidote for I am my disease I don't need you to free me I don't need you to lead me through the light for I will always fall and rise again your venomous heroine cause I'm a survivor yeah I am a fighter
22Mod20 postsapplicationplotting
TAYLOR

Accepted

I absolutely adore Sophie! The way her regret spurs her on to change how she lives her life, her penchant for poetry. I can't wait to see her running around Wonderland. Make sure you do your claims and have fun.

Welcome to Chessboard!

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya