chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

there's a curse between us, and his name is warrick
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: Apr 25 2015, 03:30 PM
I will not fall, won't let it go We will be free when it ends I, I've been waiting for someone like you But now you are slipping away... oh What have you done now?! Why, why does fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us, between me and you
31RedRED ROSE34 postsapplicationplotting
antoinette beaumont

suggested face claim: sam claflin

before i begin, i warn you; this is only going to hurt.

i'm being a bit of a risk taker here and requesting a character that is already courting one of mine. i haven't mentioned him in a thread yet, but for the sake of plot progression, it'd be good if they were already semi-dating. he's from london, and a bit more forward- but she's extremely old fashioned, so i imagine he's pulling out all the chivalry and gentlemen-esque stops and doing what he can to woo her. essentially, they are sickeningly sweet and adorable and every inch the perfect couple.

unfortunately, warrick is a dick.

the basic storyline for these two is as follows;

- they're very much in love
- oh no! jabberwocky comes back
- jabberwocky is an a* tit
- jabberwocky decides antoinette is his tyvm
- world of hurt

how this plays out is essentially after warrick becomes possessive of antoinette (against her wishes, considering she finds him utterly repulsive personality wise) he gives her an ultimatum. kill the card herself, or he will. she claims she'll do it, but in secret makes an arrangement with fintan to spirit him away to london again to keep him safe. to cover their tracks though, she does indeed have to cut him, so she has enough of his blood to ensure warrick is convinced.

essentially the whole "if you love them let them go" plot, except involving a lot more blood and violence and soul crushing. especially as, as time goes on- warrick will potentially corrupt antoinette, meaning if she and her card ever reunite... she may not be the same delicate flower he fell in love with.

come and join us on this crazy ride and take him right away!

name(your choice) — 30 — grey — card — thoughtful
PMEmail
^
♚EVE
 Posted: Jun 28 2015, 05:44 AM
Yeah, I know this street and I own this crowd And my only companion is a lightning cloud I seem real nice and easy to trust Ashes to ashes and dust to dust I’m gonna lead you a path to self destruct On this crazy train that I conduct.
22AdminTHE OWNER184 postsapplicationplotting
EVE

You know you want to take part in this storyline!
PMEmail
^
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 12:18 PM
I will not fall, won't let it go We will be free when it ends I, I've been waiting for someone like you But now you are slipping away... oh What have you done now?! Why, why does fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us, between me and you
antoinette beaumont

Pleeeaaaaase?
PMEmail
^
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: Aug 23 2015, 06:08 AM
antoinette beaumont

Really really want him :'(
PMEmail
^
qaseem achari
 Posted: Aug 23 2015, 02:53 PM
n/a
38BlackCaterpillar36 postsapplicationplotting
qaseem achari

Evveeeee....have you posted in on Caution or Shine? You can include up to four characters in your post, so maybe you can request him and a few of the others you want? :D
PM
^
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 06:05 AM
antoinette beaumont

I'm on it now xD
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya