chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Do I seem familiar, Wide open
bailey blodwen
 Posted: Jun 30 2015, 10:21 PM
n/a
17Greyhuman37 postsapplicationplotting
bailey blodwen

Contrary to the smile, Evie's words sounded sincere the second time around. "Friend" must mean a great many things more when you're an adult, Bay decided. Even more than what I consider "friend". She filed the question away for later consideration and focused on her Camden companion. The market was as easily maneuvered as trying to escape a crowded train. A lot of foot traffic but very little distance. Nothing in particular drew the eye, other than the leery glances a few of the salesmen gave Evie. It wasn't just because she was beautiful--no doubt they saw her and thought frivolous spending.

Bailey wasn't herself certain who this woman was. Those idiots shouldn't assume on first glance. Especially considering they usually glared her down or watched her like a hawk, as if all teenagers were vagrants. She only stole from the really rude ones. "Firecracker..." Bailey repeated the description, smile forming on her lips. She'd never heard that one before. But she liked it very much. The way Evie talked, it seemed as if she spoke of something astounding. Not the scruffy fighter that stood before her, certainly. But Bay's spine straightened at the very idea. Even for a girl who didn't care for makeup and preferred to rough up men than take them out on dates, she was a vain sort.

There may have been a bounce to Bay's step as she responded to Evie, a higher wattage to her smile. "I wouldn't call it silver but it certainly has its talents." Bailey winked, unable to resist teasing Evie. "But I was just making an observation." She stepped just a half foot closer and lowered her voice, feigning secrecy. "As I'm sure you've noticed, just about every shop-keeper is ogling you and your goods. Pretty impressive, if I do say so myself." She returned to her previous position, fingers stuck in the front pockets of her jeans. But the smirk on her face stayed in place. "Is anything tickling your fancy?" She asked, casting a look at the 'arts and crafts' shop across the way. It had cheap pipe cleaners and wooden tongue depressors but it also had a shelf full of photo albums. And ones you could style all on your own--she'd make Aubrey design it with her, she had a horrendous taste in art.

Other than her photos, of course.

Wandering the streets in a world underneath it all nothing seems to be nothing tastes as sweet as what I can't have
PM
^
evonny frost
 Posted: Jul 27 2015, 10:23 PM
Put on the red light You don't have to wear that dress tonight Walk the streets for money You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right You don't have to put on the red light
31GreyMasseuse25 postsapplicationplotting
evonny frost

Bailey’s body language altered at the compliment and Evonny knew it was well received. The petite woman nearly glowed as she stood straighter and her step contained more pep than moments before. This made Evonny smile, she liked bringing joy to others, well for the most part. Often bringing others joy was a roundabout way of getting something she wanted, she was a bit, read quite, manipulative. But in this moment, she wanted nothing from this young woman, and still complimenting her brought Evonny pleasure.

Evonny laughed at Bailey’s over flirtation regarding having talents that weren’t necessarily silver-tongued in nature. Evonny would have bet money that this girl could have flirted her way into any girl’s good graces with considerable ease. ”I’m would never question your talents. I’m sure you’ve got quite a few.” she smirked. She couldn’t help herself, something about Bailey made the innocent flirtation fun but it didn’t hold the same weight as it would had she been older. It was really enjoyable.

Evonny didn’t move as Bailey stepped in closer, her voice lowering as though she was about to tell Evonny a deep secret. Evonny leaned towards her slightly to hear her words better. She smirked at the comment about being ogled, though her eyes widened and she gave a soft snorting laugh of surprise as Bailey voiced her own approval. She couldn’t fight the smile and shook her head. ”Flirty flirty.” she beamed, not sure why Bailey’s flirtatious compliment made her want to preen. Evonny was well aware of her own beauty, she dressed to flatter her form and accentuate her best features. Yet the young woman’s words still made her beam.

At the follow-up question Evonny just winked at Bailey before looking around. She wasn’t really seeing anything until she noticed Bailey eyeing an arts and crafts type place. ”How about there? We can go see if there’s anything in there. I’ve been meaning to spruce up a few things at home. Sometimes the do-it-yourself process is the most enjoyable. Sound good to you?” she began moving towards the place, trying to figure out what in her place could use a bit of DIY.

All the rhythms in my heart lift me up inside * We can't stay out of trouble, is it worth the blame * Is it true that the more you give, the more they take * All the rhythms in my heart lift me up and say
PM
^
bailey blodwen
 Posted: Sep 11 2015, 07:10 PM
n/a
17Greyhuman37 postsapplicationplotting
bailey blodwen

I'm sorry, I can't tell you how many times I started a post for this and couldn't finish it. I'm a failure! I hope this is okay

"I don't mean to boast." Bailey grinned, lying through her teeth. But it was a good-natured lie and a good-natured boast, and so she didn't put any seriousness into it. She knew better than to put real effort into hitting on someone in broad daylight that hadn't seen her fake ID. Besides, female friends were allowed to joke around in a more comfortable nature than heterosexual men seemed capable. That she was a strict lesbian really didn't factor into the innocent flirtations.

"I don't know what you mean." She grinned as she stepped back, looking for all the world the innocent teenager she wasn't. "I would never flirt in broad daylight. I'm a classy gal, you know." As if that were true in the least. Bailey cast her gaze out at the other shops, disinterest plain in her face. She didn't need clothes - no matter how cool some of the goth stuff looked across the way. And she technically didn't need the arts and crafts stuff, though she was sure she could coerce Aubrey into doing some with her. But when Evonny pointed it out, Bailey smiled. "Sounds good to me." She headed over, cutting through the crowd with practiced ease. She was small, quick on her toes, and a boxer. It was easy to weave through the sluggish bodies with their loitering about and blocking pathways. She should have made sure Evonny was behind her but Bailey had a niggling feeling that the woman could find her way easily through them without any trouble at all.

She still didn't glance back as she picked up one of the albums she'd been ogling. Heavy cover, thick pages like vellum. The little plastic triangles worked into the pages were randomly spread about, so she could place pictures at odd angles and not look too formal or boring. She liked this one a lot. The little sticky on the side claimed twenty pounds. Her eyes narrowed. She could work this little book down to ten quid if she put her effort into it. And with a little of Evonny's charm. First, though, she wanted to gather supplies. Glitter and a little packet of finger paints, first. Maybe some colored paper. After a few moments of deliberation, she gathered a thick stack of pre-wrapped construction paper. She might have gotten a slightly better deal at a proper shop but the fun of Camden was the haggling. As she gathered her new requisitions in both arms, Bailey turned around to find Evonny. "Anything catching your eye?" She inquired, face lit up with rosy cheeks and a toothy smile.

In some ways, she was still the teen she pretended not to be. The young girl who had no idea what the world had in store for her. And then in other ways, she knew too much. About loss, about death. About finding one's place in life. What she wanted to do with her future. Responsibility, especially with concerns for Pops and Aubrey. Two men she cared deeply about, that she'd give her life for. And two people she felt a strong need to protect. She might be young and silly. She might have a stubborn streak and a habit of necking in the hallway with a different girl each month. But there was so much more to her than what was on the surface. More than Bailey even realized, truth be told.

"So? What did you find?"

Wandering the streets in a world underneath it all nothing seems to be nothing tastes as sweet as what I can't have
PM
^
evonny frost
 Posted: Sep 27 2015, 03:43 PM
Put on the red light You don't have to wear that dress tonight Walk the streets for money You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right You don't have to put on the red light
31GreyMasseuse25 postsapplicationplotting
evonny frost

OOC: No worries, I know the feeling.

Evonny was extremely amused by Bailey's coy and overtly playful flirtations. She laughed as Bailey put on an air of innocence, claiming to never flirting in broad daylight. "I'll call bull on that one, but then again, life would be so boring if people didn't flirt a bit." she shrugged. Hell, Evonny made a damn good living off of being a good flirt. So the idea of not flirting in broad daylight was absurd.

She watched with fascination as Bailey's demeanor and body language changed considerably as they neared the arts and crafts. Bailey weaved and ducked her way through the crowd, like a gracefully little butterfly. Yet Evonny moved with a confidence and demeanor that almost made the people move out of her way. Like a slow parting of water. A simple wink or smile here or there was enough to get people to move out of her way and feel as though they were thankful for the chance to make room for her.

Evonny's pace was slower than Bailey's but only so she could watch her. Suddenly the tough chick persona vanished as she watched Bailey covet an album, flipping it over and inspecting the pages. Then gathering a few other supplies in her arms. The excitement and glow in her eyes was entirely different from the girl she'd just met. She looked...well...her age. For once Evonny was able to see an excited young girl, eager to fill her photo album with glitter and such. For a brief flash, Evonny felt herself envying that girl. The innocence, the excitement. Evonny hadn't felt that in ages. Her life had been abruptly changed and while it wasn't a bad life...she couldn't remember the joy of just finding something wonderful.

She hadn't even looked at the wares when Bailey turned to her, arms full of supplies, and asked if she'd found anything. For a moment, Evonny was caught with her guard down. A look of envy and pain in her eyes. It quickly vanished as her well formed shield snapped back in place. "Oh...um...no, not yet. I'm not quite sure what I want to do. I was thinking perhaps something with a bit of lace. But, I don't know." she pulled an excuse from thin air, though now that she though of it, perhaps a bit of lace in her room wouldn't be such a bad thing. "What would you suggest? You seem to know your way around this place pretty well." she gave her a playful smile.

All the rhythms in my heart lift me up inside * We can't stay out of trouble, is it worth the blame * Is it true that the more you give, the more they take * All the rhythms in my heart lift me up and say
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya