chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

ronnie's
sophie webster
 Posted: Aug 23 2015, 08:35 PM
Three little birds sat on my window And they told me I don't need to worry Summer came like cinnamon, so sweet
20Redpansy32 postsapplicationplotting
sophie webster

Sophie here is your Wonderland pansy, the youngest in the flowerbed and most susceptible to any kind of influence, be it good or bad. She has a dire need to always be living her life to the fullest, due to the fact that she didn't go to London like her sisters did when it was opened, life with regret is not worth living. So she has put it in her head that she has to say yes to everything that sounds remotely interesting. I'm sure there are many who could easily offer her some candy and lead her down into a dark dungeon where the purported rainbow unicorn resides. Please offer any kind of ridiculous scenario, Sophie will most likely go along with it like the sweet flower she is.

Friends are a given, she's a bubbly character who enjoys company. She loves people passionately, always with her whole self until they can no longer stand her. Her love knows no bounds and her cheerfulness can draw in the most pessimistic sorts, maybe.

In the case that it doesn't, enemies could be a possibility for Sophie. Her naivety could be awfully annoying, and her questions, it could drive someone up the wall. She wouldn't have any enemies ever, just people that haven't gotten to know her well enough!

Lovers are a strange area for her, kind of a forbidden fruit she's only heard about in stories, so whatever happens, happens. It's all fair game.

SOPHIE — TWENTY — PANSY — RED — NAIVE
PM
^
olivia nightspurre
 Posted: Aug 24 2015, 10:12 PM
Sometimes the sound of a thousand whispering words can confuse, but when you´re sleeping... They shift and slide together. Bring meaning to the canyon's cry. So I - I keep on dreaming, I live to dream again...
25RedLarkspur76 postsapplicationplotting
olivia nightspurre

Olivia & Sophie

I just wanted to give your plotter a little luvvv <3

The immediate thing that Olivia did once 'sleepovers' were brought up was laugh. I think that your analysis of Olivia is pretty spot on, especially in this time of her life! I can definatley see Olivia bragging and romanticizing London life to rub it in deep to the sisters that didn't go. She can be vindictive in her bitterness about the portals closing and oh so very callous. If Sophie were to say something about it, either now or in the past, I think that Olivia's heart would change. Perhaps she could become more involved in Sophie's life...if Olivia got her head out of her butt that is. And hopefully, if that were to happen.. show her that adventure can still be found in wonderland. I can imagine Sophie and Olivia, of all things, going camping to look at the stars. Olivia would teach her about London star maps, and maybe they could make up a few of their own for the wonderland constellations...

P.S I'm really sad that I don't have Luca in wonderland yet, because Sophie and him, i think they would really click!

PMEmail
^
sophie webster
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 04:16 PM
Three little birds sat on my window And they told me I don't need to worry Summer came like cinnamon, so sweet
sophie webster

Olivia & Sophie
Dawww thank you! I think Sophie would really try to reach out to Olivia. I feel like she would have been on the Wonderland side of the portal waiting for Olivia when she did go back and forth (you know like that thing /w Patrick and Spongebob where he's like "What do you usually do when I'm not home" and Patrick is like "Wait for you to get back"). Soph wants to be like Olivia all cool and kickass hahaa Yessss camping and all the cuddles <3

Luca? Consult the White Rabbit hehee

PM
^
olivia nightspurre
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 06:28 PM
Sometimes the sound of a thousand whispering words can confuse, but when you´re sleeping... They shift and slide together. Bring meaning to the canyon's cry. So I - I keep on dreaming, I live to dream again...
olivia nightspurre

Olivia & Sophie
Lol, I love that idleness. Would she be like that with all the flowers that visited London? Would it just be with Olivia? Poor Sophie, Olivia in the past might have gotten a little annoyed with the younger flower if she was constantly on her heels. That i'm sure would result in Olivia getting snippy with her. On the flip side of that, I feel the more that Olivia does travel the more she misses her sisters. I'm glad you like the camping idea!

PMEmail
^
sophie webster
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 10:29 PM
sophie webster

Olivia & Sophie
Hmmm.. I think she would try to pester her other sisters, but, perhaps she likes Olivia best because she seems like the most daring. That kind of personality really appeals to her right now, where she is in life. I feel like they would really mesh well together, as of late, Sophie has been leaning towards the more reckless side of being a youngin, while trying to grow up like her big sis. I'm thinking that they had a typical relationship between sisters, getting into fights once in awhile of course (although Sophie could never see it that way). We can have a thread with them camping whenever you'd like!
PM
^
olivia nightspurre
 Posted: Aug 27 2015, 12:53 AM
olivia nightspurre

Olivia & Sophie
Sophie becoming more daring sounds wonderful.I can't wait to see how that develops further! I had to admit I only just read her app but I got to make sure to peek at your threads soon enough!. As a side note.. I really think that Olivia would encourage Soph to go out and adventure on herself it was the case The typical sisterly relationship won't be a problem and Olivia is hotheaded enough that it will be interesting. I would love to thread soon! I just want to wrap up a couple threads for Olivia in the next week or two, but is it okay if I pm you when i get the ball rolling a bit more? I'll even start it for your patience <3
PMEmail
^
terrence chelony
 Posted: Oct 11 2015, 11:56 PM
........Sometimes........ he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.
36BlackMock Turtle117 postsapplicationplotting
terrence chelony

Lance & Sophie

Lance is a massive flirt, and Sophie is absolutely adorable, so I can imagine him trying to be as charming as physically possible around her. He think's he's such a lady's man, but he's just as likely to make a fool of himself as he is to be legitimately charming, but both can be quite endearing XD.

That isn't to say I'm proposing a relationship. Lance is too devoted to his work and Achilles to actually try to be with her, but he would love to flirt anyway!

Blake & Sophie

Blake is much older than Sophie, and she is incredibly innocent, so I can imagine him seeing her the same way he saw his students in London. He would love that she's interested in human books and would gladly encourage her curiosity. He's been quite depressed since he was stolen from his home, so he could really use the distraction of someone as cheery and sweet as Sophie.

Terrence& Sophie

Terry is the Mock Turtle, and so he lives up to his reputation. Melancholic, depressive, and essentially the exact opposite of the nice, bubbly pansy. He's been trying to get better with the help of his friend Pierre, but it is slow going (no turtle pun intended). He is also incredibly fond of music, constantly composing his own songs during his long walks alone. He would probably feel bad just being is Sophie's presence, assuming he was bringing her down simply by being there.

PM
^
sophie webster
 Posted: Oct 12 2015, 01:01 AM
sophie webster

Lance & Sophie
I'm not sure how Sophie would take flirting, given that she hasn't really been exposed to it. She would most likely take it him being overly friendly, which would only make her all the more happy to run along with his kindness. I could definitely see her mistaking all his flirtatiousness into something only someone so innocent could think of. They could sort of both be misunderstanding each other and just going along for the ride in two separate cars.

Blake & Sophie
Sophie would get along with a wiser, older fellow just because she would be very respectful with kind of reverence towards him. Sophie would adore Blake, if he would allow it, she would question everything there is to know about humans and his life. She takes to people who are patient and understanding, she could easily become very attached to him.

Terrence & Sophie
If there were an animal version of her, it would be a puppy. She would want to play, and talk, and encourage him to do things. Of course she couldn't change a turtle, that's up to him, but she would definitely attempt to cheer him up. It would probably be Sophie times ten, just because she wants to get a rise out of him, anything. I could imagine her trying to drag him across the forest and play hide and seek, failing, probably, but trying nonetheless.
PM
^
lance chevalier
 Posted: Oct 12 2015, 01:14 AM
Aha! What villains are these, that trespass upon my private lands! Come to scorn at my fall, perchance? Draw, you knaves, you dogs!
30RedWhite Knight102 postsapplicationplotting
lance chevalier

Lance & Sophie
Lance and Sophie together sounds absolutely adorable. Her entire personality screams princess or damsel in distress to him, and since he is the White Knight he would do everything to please her. Not to mention that he already knows the Red Rose, as well as the Larkspur. I'd love to see them interact.

Blake & Sophie
Blake would definitely be patient with her, and would chat with her as long as she wanted about the human world. Of course this may upset him if the topic gets too personal, since he's still not quite over it. It would be interesting to see.

Terrence & Sophie
Terry is stubborn and easily annoyed, so one would assume Sophie would get on his nerves. However, Pierre is even more grating that Sophie, so he could very well become a good friend to him. I have no way of knowing unless we see it play out!

PM
^
sophie webster
 Posted: Oct 12 2015, 10:10 AM
sophie webster

Lance & Sophie
I would totally see them being a comedic sketch, like something off of snl or something, a bad parody even. I would be so down to get a thread started for these two!

Blake & Sophie
I'm sure that Sophie wouldn't really understand his conflict with the human world if she asked too many questions. She is a bit oblivious, probably confusing easily and getting too personal too quickly. Not that she would try to hurt him intentionally, she just doesn't understand sometimes.

Terrence & Sophie
I'm not sure how Sophie would interact with him as well, I think she would just be pushing him to be happy. Definitely frustrating to her, sort of making her go to extra extremes, more than usual at least. I wonder how they would interact too! Let me know which one you'd like to thread!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya