chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The personality test!, What type of person is your character?
♔TAYLOR
 Posted: Jul 20 2015, 03:53 AM
I don't need you to save me I don't need you to cure me I don't need you and your antidote for I am my disease I don't need you to free me I don't need you to lead me through the light for I will always fall and rise again your venomous heroine cause I'm a survivor yeah I am a fighter
22Mod20 postsapplicationplotting
TAYLOR

Bro shared this personality test with me earlier today and I could not resist throwing Achilles - and a few of my other lovely characters - into it. I thought it would be fun to share the link and see how everyone else fares!

Achilles:: ISTJ

"The Logistician"

83% Introverted 100% Observant 96% Thinking 11% Judging Assertive 43%

Variant: Assertive. Role: Sentinel

The ISTJ personality type is thought to be the most abundant, making up around 13% of the population. Their defining characteristics of integrity, practical logic and tireless dedication to duty make ISTJs a vital core to many families, as well as organizations that uphold traditions, rules and standards, such as law offices, regulatory bodies and military. People with the ISTJ personality type enjoy taking responsibility for their actions, and take pride in the work they do – when working towards a goal, ISTJs hold back none of their time and energy completing each relevant task with accuracy and patience.

ISTJs don't make many assumptions, preferring instead to analyze their surroundings, check their facts and arrive at practical courses of action. ISTJ personalities are no-nonsense, and when they've made a decision, they will relay the facts necessary to achieve their goal, expecting others to grasp the situation immediately and take action. ISTJs have little tolerance for indecisiveness, but lose patience even more quickly if their chosen course is challenged with impractical theories, especially if they ignore key details – if challenges becomes time-consuming debates, ISTJs can become noticeably angry as deadlines tick nearer.

Hit the nail right on the head, didn't it?

Pierre:: ENTP

"The Debater"

Debater 100% Extroverted, 100% Intuitive, 10% Thinking, 94% Prospecting, 38% Assertive

Variant: Assertive. Role: Analyst

The ENTP personality type is the ultimate devil's advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see. Unlike their more determined Judging (J) counterparts, ENTPs don't do this because they are trying to achieve some deeper purpose or strategic goal, but for the simple reason that it's fun. No one loves the process of mental sparring more than ENTPs, as it gives them a chance to exercise their effortlessly quick wit, broad accumulated knowledge base, and capacity for connecting disparate ideas to prove their points.

Playing the devil's advocate helps people with the ENTP personality type to not only develop a better sense of others' reasoning, but a better understanding of opposing ideas – since ENTPs are the ones arguing them. This tactic shouldn't be confused with the sort of mutual understanding Diplomats (NF) seek – ENTPs, like all Analyst (NT) personality types, are on a constant quest for knowledge, and what better way to gain it than to attack and defend an idea, from every angle, from every side? Accurate up until it said "wit" and "knowledge". For Pierre's purposes let's substitute these with "foolishness" and "absolute idiocy".

PM
^
braylyn louchester
 Posted: Jul 20 2015, 04:18 AM

THE PERSONALITY TESTBraylyn:: INFP"The Mediator"Introverted 74%, Intuitive 59%, Feeling 46%, Prospecting 28%Variant: Assertive. Role: DiplomatINFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.Being a part of the Diplomat (NF) personality group, INFPs are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – INFPs are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the INFP personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.INFP StrengthsIdealisticSeek and Value Harmony Open-Minded and Flexible Very Creative Passionate and Energetic Dedicated and Hard-Working INFP WeaknessesToo Idealistic Too Altruistic Impractical Dislike Dealing With DataTake Things PersonallyDifficult to Get to Know
^
bailey blodwen
 Posted: Jul 20 2015, 05:13 AM
n/a
17Greyhuman37 postsapplicationplotting
bailey blodwen

[[so I don't overload my first post, here's one more for the other two]]

Bailey Blodwen:: ESFJ

73% Extroverted, 90% Observant, 29% Feeling, 4% Judging, 65% Assertive

People who share the ESFJ personality type are, for lack of a better word, popular – which makes sense, given that it is also a very common personality type, making up twelve percent of the population. In high school, ESFJs are the cheerleaders and the quarterbacks, setting the tone, taking the spotlight and leading their teams forward to victory and fame. Later in life, ESFJs continue to enjoy supporting their friends and loved ones, organizing social gatherings and doing their best to make sure everyone is happy.

Discussing scientific theories or debating European politics isn't likely to capture ESFJs' interest for too long. ESFJs are more concerned with fashion and their appearance, their social status and the standings of other people. Practical matters and gossip are their bread and butter, but ESFJs do their best to use their powers for good.

(so off it hurts)

Because the overall assumption was wrong, I added her strengths

Strong Practical Skills – ESFJs are excellent managers of day-to-day tasks and routine maintenance, enjoying making sure that those who are close to them are well cared for.

Strong Sense of Duty – People with the ESFJ personality type have a strong sense of responsibility and strive to meet their obligations, though this may sometimes be more from a sense of social expectations than intrinsic drive.

Very Loyal – Valuing stability and security very highly, ESFJs are eager to preserve the status quo, which makes them extremely loyal and trustworthy partners and employees. ESFJs are true pillars of any groups they belong to – whether it is their family or a community club, people with this personality type can always be relied upon.

Sensitive and Warm – Helping to ensure that stability, ESFJ personalities seek harmony and care deeply about other people's feelings, being careful not to offend or hurt anybody. ESFJs are strong team players, and win-win situations are the stuff smiles are made of.

Good at Connecting with Others – these qualities come together to make ESFJs social, comfortable and well-liked. ESFJ personalities have a strong need to "belong", and have no problem with small talk or following social cues in order to help them take an active role in their communities.

Seol Eun-Ki::ISTJ

"The Logistician"

39% Introverted, 56% Observant, 57% Thinking, 99% Judging, 58% Assertive

The ISTJ personality type is thought to be the most abundant, making up around 13% of the population. Their defining characteristics of integrity, practical logic and tireless dedication to duty make ISTJs a vital core to many families, as well as organizations that uphold traditions, rules and standards, such as law offices, regulatory bodies and military. People with the ISTJ personality type enjoy taking responsibility for their actions, and take pride in the work they do – when working towards a goal, ISTJs hold back none of their time and energy completing each relevant task with accuracy and patience.

ISTJs don't make many assumptions, preferring instead to analyze their surroundings, check their facts and arrive at practical courses of action. ISTJ personalities are no-nonsense, and when they've made a decision, they will relay the facts necessary to achieve their goal, expecting others to grasp the situation immediately and take action. ISTJs have little tolerance for indecisiveness, but lose patience even more quickly if their chosen course is challenged with impractical theories, especially if they ignore key details – if challenges becomes time-consuming debates, ISTJs can become noticeably angry as deadlines tick nearer.

PM
^
terrence chelony
 Posted: Jul 20 2015, 12:39 PM
........Sometimes........ he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.
36BlackMock Turtle117 postsapplicationplotting
terrence chelony

Terrence:: ISTJ

" Logistician"

Introverted 100%, Observant 69%, Thinking 31%, Judging 35%, Turbulent 94%

Not going to post all the ISTJ stuff here again, just going to point out the amazingly high introverted and turbulent scores. Those are really his most defining traits and it is nice to see them reflected in the scores.

Lance:: ENFP

" Campaigner"

Extroverted 100%, Intuitive 68%, Feeling 40%, Prospecting 54%, Turbulent 50%

The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

Strengths & Weaknesses

STRENGTHS

Energetic and Enthusiastic

Know How to Relax

Very Popular and Friendly

WEAKNESSES

Poor Practical Skills

Find it Difficult to Focus

Get Stressed Easily

Highly Emotional

Yep, I would say quite accurate for Lance. The opposite of Terry, but also unstable. He would definitely agree that those are his strengths, and WE would all agree that those are a few of his weaknesses. Notice how he is also the exact opposite of Achilles.

Blake:: ISTJ

" Logistician"

Introverted 83%, Observant 49%, Thinking 13%, Judging 62%, Turbulent 21%

Not surprised in the least. This was what I expected of him because it is similar to mine. I did expect him to be more turbulent, but he really has quite a lot of structure that he follows. It's mostly just his mind that's turbulent. He's less introverted than Terry, but that's because he doesn't hate socializing nearly to the extreme of the turtle. He's also more observant and judging, but less thinking and so more feeling. Blake is a very empathetic person, so the more feeling less thinking than terry is to be expected. BUT, he is definitely an ISTJ, like me.

(in case you cared, I'm introverted 87% , observant 49%, thinking 31%, judging 76%, turbulent 13%.)

PM
^
♚ASYA
 Posted: Jul 20 2015, 02:45 PM
You stand with your hand on my waist line It's a scene & we're out here in plain sight I can hear them whisper as we pass by It's a bad sign bad sign Something happens when everybody finds out See the vultures circling dark clouds Love's a fragile little flame it could burn out It could burn out
nineteenAdminfeels reaper251 postsapplicationplotting
ASYA

Fintan :: ENTJ

"The Commander"

Variant: Assertive | Role: Analyst

ENTJs are natural-born leaders. People with this personality type embody the gifts of charisma and confidence, and project authority in a way that draws crowds together behind a common goal. But unlike their Feeling (F) counterpart, ENTJs are characterized by an often ruthless level of rationality, using their drive, determination and sharp minds to achieve whatever end they've set for themselves. Perhaps it is best that they make up only three percent of the population, lest they overwhelm the more timid and sensitive personality types that make up much of the rest of the world – but we have ENTJs to thank for many of the businesses and institutions we take for granted every day.

ENTJ Strengths

• Efficient
  • Energetic
  • Self-Confident
  • Strong-Willed
  • Strategic Thinkers
  • Charismatic and Inspiring
ENTJ Weaknesses
  • Stubborn and Dominant
  • Intolerant
  • Impatient
  • Arrogant
  • Poor Handling of Emotions
  • Cold and Ruthless

Jacqueline :: ESTJ

"The Executive"

Variant: Assertive | Role: Sentinel

ESTJs are representatives of tradition and order, utilizing their understanding of what is right, wrong and socially acceptable to bring families and communities together. Embracing the values of honesty, dedication and dignity, people with the ESTJ personality type are valued for their clear advice and guidance, and they happily lead the way on difficult paths. Taking pride in bringing people together, ESTJs often take on roles as community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of cherished local events, or in defense of the traditional values that hold families and communities together.

ESTJ Strengths

• Dedicated
  • Strong-willed
  • Direct and Honest
  • Loyal, Patient and Reliable
  • Enjoy Creating Order
  • Excellent Organizers
ESTJ Weaknesses
  • Inflexible and Stubborn
  • Uncomfortable with Unconventional Situations
  • Judgmental
  • Too Focused on Social Status
  • Difficult to Relax
  • Difficulty Expressing Emotion
PM
^
judas alvarez
 Posted: Jul 20 2015, 03:12 PM
“Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but refuse. They cling to the realm, or love, or the gods…illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is. But they’ll never know this. Not until it’s too late.”
?BlackCHESHIRE CAT42 postsapplicationplotting
judas alvarez

Judas :: ENTP-A

"The Debater"

The ENTP personality type is the ultimate devil's advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see. Unlike their more determined Judging (J) counterparts, ENTPs don't do this because they are trying to achieve some deeper purpose or strategic goal, but for the simple reason that it's fun. No one loves the process of mental sparring more than ENTPs, as it gives them a chance to exercise their effortlessly quick wit, broad accumulated knowledge base, and capacity for connecting disparate ideas to prove their points.

ENTJ Strengths

• Knowledgeable
  • Quick-thinking
  • Original
  • Excellent Brainstormers
  • Charistmatic
  • Energetic
ENTJ Weaknesses
  • Very Argumentative
  • Insensitive
  • Intolerant
  • Can Find It Difficult to Focus
  • Dislike Practical Matters

Doing them one at a time...
PMEmail
^
♚EVE
 Posted: Jul 20 2015, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I know this street and I own this crowd And my only companion is a lightning cloud I seem real nice and easy to trust Ashes to ashes and dust to dust I’m gonna lead you a path to self destruct On this crazy train that I conduct.
22AdminTHE OWNER184 postsapplicationplotting
EVE

Eve (myself):: ENFP-T

"The Campaigner"

Variant: Turbulent | Role: Diplomat

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing. It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive. Oriah Mountain Dreamer

The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

ENTJ Strengths

• Curious
  • Observant
  • Energetic and Enthusiastic
  • Excellent Communicators
  • Know how to relax
  • Very Popular and Friendly
ENTJ Weaknesses
  • Poor Practical Skills
  • Find it Difficult to Focus
  • Overthink things
  • Get Stressed Easily
  • Highly emotional
  • Independent to a Fault

Doing them one at a time...
PMEmail
^
dominic brooks
 Posted: Jul 20 2015, 04:42 PM
But oh my heart, was flawed I knew my weakness. So hold my hand consign me not to darkness. So crawl on my belly 'til the sun goes down. I'll never wear your broken crown. I took the road and I fucked it all away. Now in this twilight, how dare you speak of grace
30GreyCON ARTIST24 postsapplicationplotting
dominic brooks

Dominic:: ENTP-A

"The Debater"

ENTJ Strengths

• Knowledgeable
  • Quick-thinking
  • Original
  • Excellent Brainstormers
  • Charistmatic
  • Energetic
ENTJ Weaknesses
  • Very Argumentative
  • Insensitive
  • Intolerant
  • Can Find It Difficult to Focus
  • Dislike Practical Matters

Wow Dom...
PMEmail
^
braylyn louchester
 Posted: Jul 20 2015, 04:58 PM

THE PERSONALITY TESTAshley (MINE):: ISFJ-T"The Defender" 38% Introverted, 41% Observant, 37% Feeling, 27% Judging, 5% TurbulentVariant: Turbulent | Role: SentinelLove only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others. - Brian TracyThe ISFJ personality type is quite unique, as many of their qualities defy the definition of their individual traits. Though possessing the Feeling (F) trait, ISFJs have excellent analytical abilities; though Introverted (I), they have well-developed people skills and robust social relationships; and though they are a Judging (J) type, ISFJs are often receptive to change and new ideas. As with so many things, people with the ISFJ personality type are more than the sum of their parts, and it is the way they use these strengths that defines who they are.There's hardly a better type to make up such a large proportion of the population, nearly 13%. Combining the best of tradition and the desire to do good, ISFJs are found in lines of work with a sense of history behind them, such as medicine, academics and charitable social work. ISFJ personalities (especially Turbulent ones) are often meticulous to the point of perfectionism, and though they procrastinate, they can always be relied on to get the job done on time. ISFJs take their responsibilities personally, consistently going above and beyond, doing everything they can to exceed expectations and delight others, at work and at home.ISFJ StrengthsSupportiveReliable and PatientImaginative and ObservantEnthusiasticLoyal and Hard-WorkingGood Practical SkillsISFJ WeaknessesHumble and ShyTake things too PersonallyRepress Their FeelingsOverload ThemselvesReluctant to ChangeToo AltruisticThis is me to a T (The only exception is that I don't repress my feelings. Everything else is spot on.)

^
isaac irving
 Posted: Jul 20 2015, 06:19 PM
No one knows what it's like to be the bad man... to be the sad man... behind blue eyes.
28GreyProstitute20 postsapplicationplotting
isaac irving

Isaac:: ESFJ-T

"The Consul"

Variant: Turbulent | Role: Senitel

People who share the ESFJ personality type are, for lack of a better word, popular – which makes sense, given that it is also a very common personality type, making up twelve percent of the population. In high school, ESFJs are the cheerleaders and the quarterbacks, setting the tone, taking the spotlight and leading their teams forward to victory and fame. Later in life, ESFJs continue to enjoy supporting their friends and loved ones, organizing social gatherings and doing their best to make sure everyone is happy.

ESFJ Strengths

• Strong practical skills
  • Strong sense of duty
  • Very loyal
  • Sensitive and warm
  • Good at connecting with others
ESFJ Weaknesses
  • Worried about their social status
  • Inflexible
  • Reluctant to innovate or improvise
  • Vulnerable to criticism
  • Often too needy
  • Too selfless

Oh baby ><
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya