chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

she my (8)tra[cks] queen, let her hit the bando
♚ASYA
 Posted: Jul 24 2015, 10:33 AM
You stand with your hand on my waist line It's a scene & we're out here in plain sight I can hear them whisper as we pass by It's a bad sign bad sign Something happens when everybody finds out See the vultures circling dark clouds Love's a fragile little flame it could burn out It could burn out
nineteenAdminfeels reaper251 postsapplicationplotting
ASYA

character mixes

As some of you probably know, I make 8tracks mixes when I should be doing just about anything else (that's useful! and productive! whatever!) AND I WANT TO SHARE THE LOVE. I would do a cool set up of one I've already made re: the Queen & King, except I'm too lazy to do that. (For the record, that mix is here and my cool display posts on tumblr (and the rest of my character mixes, see what I did there) are here.)

Because I have a ten page paper, a month's worth of journal entries, and two weeks left of a three week summer biology class to finish nothing else going on that's a lie no seriously give me something to do and because I love you guys so much, I'm opening a mix shop for you guys.

Loan me your characters for a day or two. You'll get mixes for them. We all win. (Except our feels. Those will always be destroyed.) If you need someone to vouch for me, go ask Alex. He'll tell you I'm awesome. (And think of all the new music you'll discover because I really hate Top 40 music most days.)

So if you want one (or two or three or ten -- just give me some time if you request ten because holy shit that's a lot), just fill out the form below and give me a 48-72 hour turnaround per mix. All playlists will be published as unlisted, meaning you won't be able to get to them from my 8tracks profile -- you'll need the link in order to access it. (This is just to keep RP and fandom stuff separate.)

CODE
[b]Alias[/b]:
[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Type of Mix[/b]: (is it just for them? do you want to explore something like a friendship, relationship, family dynamic, etc.?)
[b]Genre[/b]: (list whatever genres you want me to hit. don't think I don't know a genre. I've done mixes with german post-grunge industrial metal. (that's a single genre btw.) I know them all.)
[b]Mood/Feel[/b]: (what feels do you need killed? alternatively, list a couple songs where you're like 'that's it, that's what the feel should be.' you can also list one of my already made mixes if you like a particular mood that comes from one of them.)
[b]Song Request[/b]: (optional; if you already know a song(s) that absolutely must be on here, list them here)
[b]Graphic Request[/b]: (optional; 8tracks cover art must be a minimum 500x500, so if you want me to use a specific image (OR, if you're good at graphics and want me to use one you made), link me here. otherwise i'll put together a cover art image i think fits.)
[b]Title/Description Request[/b]: (optional; you see how all my mixes have hipster/meaningful titles and descriptions? you can write your own here if you want, but I tend to base them on songs in the mix, so it's up to you.)
[b]Other[/b]: (anything else?)
PM
^
isaac irving
 Posted: Jul 24 2015, 10:57 AM
No one knows what it's like to be the bad man... to be the sad man... behind blue eyes.
28GreyProstitute20 postsapplicationplotting
isaac irving

Alias: Alex
Character Name: Isaac (you must have seen that coming)
Type of Mix: dynamic between him and Dominic. (that was obvious too.)
Genre: whatever you see fit really, i'm not very fussed.
Mood/Feel: i want all the feels. you know what sort of people those two are and i want to feel it in music.
Song Request: n/a
Graphic Request: i can do one up if you want me to >> otherwise, free reign^-^
Title/Description Request: n/a
Other: go Asya go! <3

Seen -A
PMEmailAIM
^
judas alvarez
 Posted: Jul 26 2015, 11:36 AM
“Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but refuse. They cling to the realm, or love, or the gods…illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is. But they’ll never know this. Not until it’s too late.”
?BlackCHESHIRE CAT42 postsapplicationplotting
judas alvarez

Alias: Eve
Character Name: Judas Alvarez
Type of Mix: Just him, with perhaps a hint of Fintas and Judas' relationship with the Queen
Genre: Whatever fits
Mood/Feel: You know Judas. Dark, foreboding, threatening, seductive... creepy as fuck...
Song Request: this and poor unfortunate souls hahaha
Graphic Request: up to you <3 my tablet pen is MIA so
Title/Description Request: do what you want <3
Other: <3

Seen -A
PMEmail
^
luca risi
 Posted: Jul 28 2015, 12:32 AM
We tried so hard to live in the truth, but do not tell me all is fine, when I lose my head, I lose my spine. So when your hope's on fire ,But you know your desire,Don't hold a glass over the flame,Don't let your heart grow cold, I will call you by name, I will share your road. I'm a hopeless wanderer & I will learn to love the skies I'm under.
32GreyREC CENTER28 postsapplicationplotting
luca risi

Alias: Cera
Character Name: Luca Risi
Type of Mix: I wanna see what you think of Luca. Also, I need some new writing playlists. Dunno, just fuck me up.
Genre: i'm partial to christian rock for this muppet. Though artistic license is always cool and I'd love to see what you think fits Luca.
Mood/Feel: fuck me up.
Song Request: (to give you a feel of what I like/ what I'm feeling for Luca. It doesn't mean they have to be used its just songs that come to mind that might give you some insight) Run Boy Run by Woodkid, Hopeless Wanderer by Mumford and Sons, Lost Stars by Adam Levine (but like... not sung by Adam... i'm not a fan of his voice actually).
Graphic Request: I was fucking around with photoshop last night
Title/Description Request: Fuck if I know.
Other: U R a Q.T. 3.14159

Seen -A
PM
^
♚ASYA
 Posted: Aug 4 2015, 08:22 PM
You stand with your hand on my waist line It's a scene & we're out here in plain sight I can hear them whisper as we pass by It's a bad sign bad sign Something happens when everybody finds out See the vultures circling dark clouds Love's a fragile little flame it could burn out It could burn out
nineteenAdminfeels reaper251 postsapplicationplotting
ASYA

» for alex
user posted image

» for eve
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya