chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

for what has been done, OPEN
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: Aug 15 2015, 06:46 PM
I will not fall, won't let it go We will be free when it ends I, I've been waiting for someone like you But now you are slipping away... oh What have you done now?! Why, why does fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us, between me and you
31RedRED ROSE34 postsapplicationplotting
antoinette beaumont

Optimism had always been her defining trait- a radiant light of positivity that outshone any darkness that threatened to taint the flowerbed. It had been she that kept the moral of the flowers up, it had been she that comforted her poor sisters when the cruelties of London had tainted their happiness. She had always been there, the fixer, the comforter, the protector... and now their protector lay in tatters, a bloodied mess of cuts and bruises. Never had she felt this vulnerable, this fragile- and who was there to protect her? She couldn't possibly call for one of her sisters, couldn't put them in danger by letting them know what had happened. Her main priority was keeping them from the wolfs door, to keep Warrick from touching them.

After Tempest had got her back to the Palace- she had requested only the presence of a healer. She didn't want to keep the Bandersnatch too long, knowing the woman surely had more important matters to attend to than a damaged Rose. Nor did she ask for an audience with the Queen; Jacqueline was a busy woman, she certainly had more important matters at hand- with a missing nephew and the matter of the Cheshire to deal with... along with her usual Queenly duties, the last thing Antoinette wished to do was add something so insignificant to the list.

No, she'd merely allow the healers to do their task, remain in bed until the worst had passed- and then set about trying to control the damage, to keep Warrick from enacting his rage on her siblings once he learned of her survival. Though quite what she could do... she did not know.

So, having summoned noone to her bedside to offer comfort- Antoinette was beyond surprised when the door to her chambers opened. Wrapping her gown tight about her frame, she sat up in bed, her once beautiful face obscured with bruising, a nasty gash visible just above the neckline of her gown, and eyes heavily shadowed from lack of sleep.

She was quite the sight to behold, but not for the usual reasons.

'Til I save your heart And to take your soul For what has been done Cannot be undone In the evil's heart In the evil's soul
PMEmail
^
qaseem achari
 Posted: Aug 17 2015, 09:22 PM
n/a
38BlackCaterpillar36 postsapplicationplotting
qaseem achari

Many frowned upon his dealings, but more often than not Qaseem found that it paid off to have a network of informants. It often resulted in him being the first to know any bit of gossip, especially the particularly juicy tidbits. Cards were the best informants; a number of former Londoners with old habits were just itching to get their hands on something new to bring him so they could get a fix of whatever their vice of choice happened to be. He played them well, ensuring that they all knew only the first to bring useful information would be able to use it as payment. The rest would have to do without their nicotine or their narcotics for just a little bit longer. And nobody wanted that.

It was all thanks to a card that Qaseem was now making his way into the palace, the one place in Wonderland he loathed above all others, so soon after the Jabberwockey’s attack on the Red Rose. Regardless of what one might think of the Caterpillar, being manipulative was a far cry from being malicious. A born and raised healer, he had always drawn the line at violence; at the very least, he was never the one to carry out violent deeds that remained unavoidable. Regardless of whether it was his instinct as a healer, his undeniable weakness for Wonderland’s flower, or his desire to win favor with one of the few close to the Queen who still managed to evade him, Qaseem had taken it upon himself to see to check-in on Antoinette’s well-being.

Slowly so as not to disturb the rose lest she be resting, the Caterpillar pushed open the door to the room often used as a private chamber for those ill or injured. He knew this part of the castle well from when he held the position of chief healer under the reign of the mad queen. Finding the rose awake after all Qaseem made his way into the room as he might have had he still been in the Queen’s employ, paying no mind to the clear look of surprise on her face or that fact that she was scrambling to cover herself. “Hello, Antoinette,” he said, a mistakably sly grin on his lips.

Cunning grows in deceit at seeing itself discovered, and tries to deceive with truth itself.
PM
^
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: Sep 5 2015, 10:07 AM
I will not fall, won't let it go We will be free when it ends I, I've been waiting for someone like you But now you are slipping away... oh What have you done now?! Why, why does fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us, between me and you
31RedRED ROSE34 postsapplicationplotting
antoinette beaumont

Qaseem's entrance had been wholly unexpected, and after the altercation with the Jabberwocky she couldn't claim to be altogether comfortable in the company of men. Particularly not men who wore such a smile as the Caterpillar did. She drew the blankets a little tighter about herself, wishing she'd had the presence of mind to dress in more than a night slip- but alas, she hadn't expected visitors and thus had not thought to dress at all that morning. At least she wasn't naked, she supposed- as she watched Qaseem walk further into the chambers.

"Good morning sir, I hadn't expected you to visit... I do apologise for my appearance."

She was an old fashioned woman- never having been touched by London's more progressive views, and while a woman had always reigned supreme in Wonderland- she still held some old fashioned ideals perhaps better suited to England's Regency era. It wasn't that she wished to look decent and act polite for the sake of the men, no, her ideals stretched to everyone regardless of gender or age. The Red Rose had it in her mind that as the Queen's living sigil, as a high standing member of the court and a public figure- it was her duty to keep up appearances, to look as beautiful as she could and be as kind as she could muster. She was both mother and sister to her siblings, and a role model for younger citizens of Wonderland. To be in the state she was in now, to be seen like it- was near enough torture itself.

"What can I do for you?"

'Til I save your heart And to take your soul For what has been done Cannot be undone In the evil's heart In the evil's soul
PMEmail
^
qaseem achari
 Posted: Sep 6 2015, 12:48 AM
n/a
38BlackCaterpillar36 postsapplicationplotting
qaseem achari

Conscious of her discomfort, Qaseem kept his eyes on her face, hoping to make it known that he meant her no harm. It was obvious that the poor, broken rose had been through quite an ordeal, and he genuinely desired to ease her pain, regardless of what larger intentions might lie behind his kindness. While his motives were normally to prey on the weak, he considered Antoinette to be anything but, and he was equally determined to ally himself with those in whom he saw strength and resilience. After all, it was resilience that would win out in the long run, was it not?

"Do not apologize, dear Antoinette. I did not mean to disturb you." The term of endearment was said more out of habit; he frequently used them when meeting someone new to establish a false sense of closeness. Qaseem had no misconceived notion that it would be so easy to fool the Red Rose, but he still wished to put her at ease. The woman was more conservative than most on a normal day, and anyone with eyes could see that she was all the more guarded as a result of Warrick's attack. The caterpillar folded his hands in his lap and leaned back in the chair, as if putting even slightly more physical distance between them might help her relax just a bit.

"It is not so much what you could do for me, as it is what I can do for you." There was an almost compassionate look in his eyes as he spoke, for he really did mean to offer his assistance. "I know not of what mediocre healers the Queen has hired since I took my leave - not that I doubt the Queen's ability to choose wisely, she is certainly capable of doing so. However, my father was the best healer Wonderland has ever seen, and as he trained no one other than me, I cannot help but have little faith in them."

Keeping his eyes on her own, Qaseem refused to let his gaze wander, not even to observe the state of her wounds. "Of course, I understand if you do not trust me, after all you have been through. The choice is entirely yours. Will you let me help heal you, Antoinette?"

Cunning grows in deceit at seeing itself discovered, and tries to deceive with truth itself.

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya