chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

The Flowerbed
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: Aug 23 2015, 06:06 AM
I will not fall, won't let it go We will be free when it ends I, I've been waiting for someone like you But now you are slipping away... oh What have you done now?! Why, why does fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us, between me and you
31RedRED ROSE34 postsapplicationplotting
antoinette beaumont

flower garden
all flowers ♛ red & black ♛ group plots
Now that we've got ourselves a little collection of flowers on site, it felt only natural to set up a group plotter for all the sisters! Because we need a little more flower power up in here <3 So essentially, this is a place to discuss flower-related ideas and plots and to keep everyone updated on whats going on with their flower and what their sisters would know due to their closeness- and what they WON'T know, so nobody gets confused and assumes anything <3

For example, none of her sisters know of Antoinette's involvement with the Jabberwockys 'death' years ago, but they will more than likely have heard of her being attacked by the Jabberwocky in the Palace gardens recently. They may well be wondering why she didn't send for them, and they're more than welcome to visit her in her palace quarters as she recovers to ask why.

PMEmail
^
sophie webster
 Posted: Aug 23 2015, 08:00 PM
Three little birds sat on my window And they told me I don't need to worry Summer came like cinnamon, so sweet
20Redpansy32 postsapplicationplotting
sophie webster

Pansy
So as the baby, I feel like everyone is going to try to mommy her and give her as much advice as they can. I think she's still very impressionable and responds to everything positively. I'm sure she'll question a lot of things, but mostly out of curiosity. As of now, she's not going to be keeping any secrets, Soph will be completely open about anything with her dear sisters.
PM
^
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: Aug 24 2015, 05:47 PM
I will not fall, won't let it go We will be free when it ends I, I've been waiting for someone like you But now you are slipping away... oh What have you done now?! Why, why does fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us, between me and you
31RedRED ROSE34 postsapplicationplotting
antoinette beaumont

Pansy & Rose
Oh for sure, Antoinette worries about Sophie more than the rest of them to be honest. Partially because she's the youngest but also because of all the trouble she's bound to get herself into with this new attitude- especially considering the Jabberwocky. She'll try not to be overbearing though x3

TO ALL SISTERS: What's the thinking on a group thread of the flowers visiting bed bound Antoinette?

PMEmail
^
olivia nightspurre
 Posted: Aug 24 2015, 08:07 PM
Sometimes the sound of a thousand whispering words can confuse, but when you´re sleeping... They shift and slide together. Bring meaning to the canyon's cry. So I - I keep on dreaming, I live to dream again...
25RedLarkspur76 postsapplicationplotting
olivia nightspurre

larkspur

My new favoirte word for Olivia is callous. And since she's still in a fight with one of the sisters over her adventures in London she is still very pissy about (no flower on the board at this point, but the whole flower bed would be aware of this). Her own shortcomings are overlooked frequently as she tries to harden herself to what is going on around her, unwilling and unyielding to change this surface appearance. Inside Olivia is child still, with a wonderment and awe that comes with the realm of mystery and stories. This side comes out more with people she loves- and i mean truly and deeply loves- a.k.a her sisters. Currently, Olivia is in the dark about most things in her sister's lives as she has chosen to go on her own adventures and gather stories, a currency that Olivia holds dearly to her heart.

I feel like Olivia would return quickly to Anne to be by her side. I feel that Olivia's motivation will soon change from her own internal reach towards her sisters. Since Antoinette's accident I feel like Olivia would have wanted to be there sooner to help, and would punish herself from not wanting to be there. I agree with that a big ol' flower thread to be by her side would be really good. Maybe we can get a bit more insight into Antoinette's fights with Warwick. If the fates allow

PMEmail
^
sophie webster
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 04:21 PM
Three little birds sat on my window And they told me I don't need to worry Summer came like cinnamon, so sweet
20Redpansy32 postsapplicationplotting
sophie webster

pansy
Yasss, I second the thread. If little Sophie found out about the Jabberwocky wanting to hurt Anne, she might just be crazy enough to think she could protect her (after some intense character development), in a way of learning some swordsmanship. I mean, her love for her sisters cannot be stressed enough. For the meantime, I definitely want them to hang out and worry over Anne for a change!
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya