chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

AFTERSHOCKS, TAG: DOMINIC
luca risi
 Posted: Aug 30 2015, 06:01 PM
We tried so hard to live in the truth, but do not tell me all is fine, when I lose my head, I lose my spine. So when your hope's on fire ,But you know your desire,Don't hold a glass over the flame,Don't let your heart grow cold, I will call you by name, I will share your road. I'm a hopeless wanderer & I will learn to love the skies I'm under.
32GreyREC CENTER28 postsapplicationplotting
luca risi

You can’t spend your life missing him. Luca told himself as he rubbed at his sore eyes. He was in the hospital bathroom making sure he didn’t look like volunteer rather than a patient when caught a glimpse of the bags under his eyes in the mirror. As he tried to fix the collar of his shirt and straightened his volunteer badge that hung from a lanyard around his neck. Luca thought that he should have called in sick. But that would mean that the day would have been spent cocooned in the comfort of the weight of the blankets on the bed. Just because his life was a mess did not mean that he could just hide away from the world. Everything would keep turning, he would keep breathing.

Luca wiped his wet hands one his slacks and made sure nothing was in his teeth before he left the bathroom. The less time he spent in front of mirror the less time he had to look at the mess he was. He hadn’t shaved since Blake’s disappearance. Since then two steady weeks of hair on his own face had went from stubble to splotchy hair to an even coating that would now take some time to shave it all off again. Which made this couple of volunteer hours oh so hypocritical. Bringing a razor and a mirror to someone that tried to end their life. How frightening an idea. Maybe that was why they didn’t give it to the baby faced volunteer that was just leaving the hospital when Luca signed in the task.

Luca picked up what he needed at the nurses station on the second floor and had swindled some two cups of coffee from the nurse’s private stash instead of the slug that was served in the cafeteria.

“Are you sure you don’t want an orderly with you?” one of the nurses had asked.

“Yeah? The guy can’t be that bad.” Luca said but the look that he had gotten a look that told him the reason that no one wanted to spend too much time with the patient. Hands full and shaving kit underneath his arm Luca bumped the door open with his shoulder and looked up at Brooks with a smile that is faintly forced. “I brought you some coffee from the Nurse’s secret stash. And some sugar packets too just in case.” Luca says trying to gesture to his shirt pocket while he set the coffee cup on the bedside table. “You ready?”

Life goes back to normal now, or so they all believe Your heart is in your chest again, not hanging from your sleeve They've driven out the demons and they've earned you this reprieve... & the aftershocks live on - - - -
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya