chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

So..., well then...
terrence chelony
 Posted: Oct 27 2015, 10:41 PM
........Sometimes........ he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.
36BlackMock Turtle117 postsapplicationplotting
terrence chelony

The last person to write to me was Ronnie, nearly 2 weeks ago. She's a relative newbie here. Before that, the only person who wrote anything at all this month was me. No one but she and I are going to make the activity check this month (but there won't be one, because none of the admins would make it).

My thread with MYSELF is now closed. That means I have no active threads in which Blake has posted this month. If activity checks were to happen, and everyone had to follow all the rules, I would lose Blake.

We had someone start to make a character a few weeks ago. A canon, in fact. But they never did, because they saw this board wasn't active. No one wants to join an inactive board.

This board is dead. It's a shame. I really liked this board. So much so that I stayed a month after it died. I realize that life happens to everyone. I know that it can be the case where one or two members or an admin can't make time to reply to something that really is just entertainment. But if all 3 admins AND the mod can't even make what should be a normal activity check, it's a bad sign. It's a sign that they can't keep the board up.

So I'm mainly posting this as a courtesy. I don't even know if anyone will get around to reading it. But if someone does, and the admins don't come back, that's where I went. I stopped checking if the board could revive.

If, on the off chance, it does zombify and come back from the dead, My skype should still be in the contacts. You can skype me and invite me back to the board. But I don't want to keep coming online every day to see that the only thing that has been posted is another ad for a board with far more activity.

Happy Halloween, and best of luck with your busy lives.

-Bro.
PM
^
♚EVE
 Posted: Oct 28 2015, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I know this street and I own this crowd And my only companion is a lightning cloud I seem real nice and easy to trust Ashes to ashes and dust to dust I’m gonna lead you a path to self destruct On this crazy train that I conduct.
22AdminTHE OWNER184 postsapplicationplotting
EVE

Noted.

It's a sad situation but when one admin is suffering with mental health problems and new medication and a loss in the family, and another is hospitalised for mental health twice in the space of 6 weeks... the last administrator, being the partner of the one who's been hospitalised- and struggling with severe depression herself- finds it difficult to prioritise a forum of make believe writing.

We're sorry this inconveniences you but as everyone is so fond of saying but rarely accepting- real life comes first.
PMEmail
^
lance chevalier
 Posted: Oct 28 2015, 02:42 PM
Aha! What villains are these, that trespass upon my private lands! Come to scorn at my fall, perchance? Draw, you knaves, you dogs!
30RedWhite Knight102 postsapplicationplotting
lance chevalier

I'm sorry if you felt like my message was an attack on any of you. it certainly wasn't. All of you have very valid reasons for not being there, and I don't blame anyone for any of it. You all SHOULD be prioritizing that over the site. If you weren't I would tell you to go do so.

I just meant that if none of the admins are on a board, it isn't a board. Priority or not. If no one is writing, it isn't a roleplay. And your lives are all busy enough that maybe the board should close, since no one can keep it up and even the moderator you added to correct this is too busy as well. This isn't an attack. This isn't blaming. This is just me saying that maybe you all have busier lives than roleplaying allows (as evidenced by the fact that no one has written anything).

If the board seems to be alive again, and real life is no longer affecting every single person to the point what nothing gets written for a over a month, I would love to rejoin.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya