chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

crushed petals in the dirt, tagged: tempest
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: Apr 26 2015, 05:07 AM
I will not fall, won't let it go We will be free when it ends I, I've been waiting for someone like you But now you are slipping away... oh What have you done now?! Why, why does fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us, between me and you
31RedRED ROSE34 postsapplicationplotting
antoinette beaumont

antoinette beaumont
Many have died; you also will die. The drum of death is being beaten. The world has fallen in love with a dream. Only sayings of the wise will remain.
The earth felt warm beneath her, comfortable and inviting and she knew the twisted truth behind it: the warmth came from the pool of her own blood that she lay in, barely able to keep her head off the ground as she looked out at the horizon, hoping to see a figure amongst the less sentient blooms. Nothing. Her attacker was long gone, content to leave her to the elements and let nature decide her fate, it seemed. Truly ironic, to break a flower and leave it on the earth to wilt and die. Fitting, she supposed, for she had left him in the earth to die…

Yet die he had not, and his vengeance had been served.

Her dress was torn to ruins about her shivering form, red rags stained darker by the blood as they fanned out about her, revealing the undergarments that had once been white, the petticoats ripped and ragged, and the corset that had no doubt protected her chest from being torn apart, judging by the deep gouges in the bone lined material. Her hair, once so immaculately put together for the Queen's approval, was limp and drenched in blood- framing a bruised and bloodied face. She was no longer the beautiful creature that had graced the garden with her presence but a broken thing, a tattered creature that could only lie in its own deathly pool and wait

Death comes to us all… she thought, letting her head rest down upon the blood-soaked earth. I should have been more vigilant. It was foolish to think the Jabberwocky would be so easily destroyed…

The only thing keeping her from giving in, from trying to ease her suffering and bring about a quicker death was her sisters, her brother. The protective drive, the almost motherly instinct she possessed where the other flowers were concerned was the one thing that kept her alive, kept her heart beating, albeit it at a slower, wearied pace. Would Warrick go after them? Would he hunt them down to extend her punishment beyond the grave? Would she come face to face with them in the afterlife and see their own torn clothes, torn bodies?

A low growl echoed in her chest, a stubborn refusal to allow that to happen. She had to protect them, no matter what the cost to herself. That was why she’d had thorns… not to keep herself safe but to arm herself against those who might harm her siblings. Forcing herself, and feeling every muscle in her body scream in agony at the movement- she pushed herself up, finding her legs difficult to move but managing to lift her upper body and her head… just in time to see, at last: that figure on the horizon.

“You…”

GAT
tempest
SDROW
SETON
i didn't use our template i'm terrible
PMEmail
^
tempest mirakel
 Posted: Apr 26 2015, 11:46 PM
Follow me down to the river Drink while the water is clean Follow me down to the river tonight I'll be down here on my knees
33RedBandersnatch32 postsapplicationplotting
tempest mirakel

Tempest was restless, something was off. She couldn't really tell what it was, but it was enough of a feeling that it drew her from her rooms. She'd slid into a pair of black mens pants, stolen from a servant, and a simple cream tunic with a black corset over-top. Her ever present black choker with a ruby tear-drop was around her neck. Her feet her bare and her hair was up in a messy pile of curls.

She wandered the halls, not paying attention to where she was going but letting her gut lead her. As she felt the cool ground outside beneath her feet, she smelled it. Her heightened senses smell a faint hint of blood. Instinctively she moved towards it, her gait taking on a predatory movement. She sweet metallic sense began to collect on the back of her tongue, It made her mouth water.

Her movement picked up until she turned the corner and nearly slide to a halt. She frowned at the sight that met her. A broken flower in a pile of blood. The sight was...well, a mess. The beautiful blonde that lay on the ground, clothing in tatters, bloodied and beaten was someone she knew but never expected.

She took a step forward, her head cocking to the side in curiosity. A strange wiggle began in her chest, but she ignored it. The blood was still fresh and the Red Rose was weak, so very weak. She could tell. Easy pickings really, much to easy for Tempest's tastes. She wasn't a scavanger. Yet her craving for blood was fading as she took in the sight. In fact, she didn't feel the need to hunt at all, just a growing curiosity and something else. But she ignored the something else.

She crouched down beside the Red Rose, careful not to step her bare feet in the blood. She smirked at the single word uttered from the beauty's lips. "Me." she responded simply. She looked over the woman, taking in her injuries. There were quite a few. Her beautiful blonde hair was matting with blood. Her beautiful gown was unsalvageable. Was she even salvageable? Did Tempest want to salvage her? Antoinette, the Red Rose, was a flower and flowers were weak. Yet, she was the Queen's flower. But still...a flower.

And yet...something in her eyes. There was fight there, a stubborn willfulness that she didn't associate with weaklings. Tempest made a soft tsking sound. "You've made mess of your dress, Rose." she stated, gauging the woman's situation. Her heartbeat was slowing...but it was still there. The situation as it was seemed to be simple. Either Tempest let her die slowly, killed her outright, or saved her. Normally Tempest wouldn't hesitate to just kill something she deemed useless and weak, but she hesitated.

Say they want to know who did it but the answer's really us see I don't know you, why do you want to know me?

OOC: It's all good...it's a nice template. Very effective!
PM
^
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: May 3 2015, 08:27 PM
I will not fall, won't let it go We will be free when it ends I, I've been waiting for someone like you But now you are slipping away... oh What have you done now?! Why, why does fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us, between me and you
antoinette beaumont

antoinette beaumont
Many have died; you also will die. The drum of death is being beaten. The world has fallen in love with a dream. Only sayings of the wise will remain.
When she spied the face of Tempest Mirakel, the Bandersnatch, Antoinette was quite certain she was going to die. Certainly, Tempest was in the employ of the Queen- but that didn't mean that her loyalties would hold true, it didn't mean that she wouldn't take advantage of one already dying and finish the job. In all her life she had only ever heard of one instance of the Bandersnatch's kindness and generosity and she didn't think for a single moment that she'd find herself the lucky recipient of another case.

Still, she kept herself as upright as she could- her upper half lifted by trembling arms, blood still seeping from the deep bite marks around her sides- and she met the others gaze, heard that quiet comment.

"So I have..." A soft, barely there laugh left bruised and bleeding lips- no humour in it, but it was a sign of life, a will to go on. "Get me a new one for the funeral...?" Her arms gave way and she fell with another cry of pain, cutting short the pitiful attempt at humour to match Tempest's. Truth was, she was terrified, she was in agony... but if she really was to die this day, she wanted to go out bravely.

Give her sisters something good to remember, something to look up to. She must always set a good example...

GAT
tempest
SDROW
SETON
i didn't use our template i'm terrible
PMEmail
^
tempest mirakel
 Posted: May 5 2015, 11:17 PM
Follow me down to the river Drink while the water is clean Follow me down to the river tonight I'll be down here on my knees
tempest mirakel

She watched the Red Rose struggle on weak arms, trying to hold herself up. Tempest cocked her head to the side, fascinated by the fight that shown in the woman's eyes. She was staring right at Tempest, keeping eye contact and not flinching. Either she was being brave or was hoping that she could piss off Tempest enough to make her finish her off. It would be easy really...just a quick movement and she could snap her neck like plucking the petals off a flower.

And yet, Tempest found herself sniffing the woman, taking stock of each cut, each bruise, every bite mark. "That's some handiwork." she murmured, gesturing to the deepest bite mark. "Seems you angered someone with an animal side." she made eye contact with the Red Rose again. Her eyes, so fierce even as they glazed over with pain. Yet she fought to remain brave, even in the face of someone who could, and would likely, kill her with ease.

Yet something stayed Tempest's hand. She didn't reach out and snap her neck, put her out of her misery. Curious that...she wondered why. "Did you deserve this?" she found herself asking. She wasn't sure why suddenly she was so interested in whether what lay before her was the result of justice or mere violence. But she was curious. She knew of the Red Rose, knew of the prim female that could never cause harm or do wrong. Yet it was the same mothering flower that she found nearly shredded to bits in the Palace Garden. She sniffed again. She could smell a scent, one that rang of vague familiarity but was not strong enough to trigger an image in her minds-eye. It was not the smell that belonged to the Rose but more likely to her attacker.

"Tell me Red Rose, was it mere laziness that caused your attacker to leave you still alive? Or was it to allow you a slow death?" she paused, resting her elbows on her knees as she crouched down to be eye to eye with the woman. Her rested her chin in her palms and regarded her with calm curiosity. Yes the woman was dying, but Tempest guessed she still had a bit of time before she bled out. Now, she may pass out from the pain, but the willful look in the woman's eyes made Tempest think she might be strong enough to pull through.

Strange that...a strong flower. How bizarre and...fascinating. "I find myself at an impasse. You see, normally I would just snap your neck and end you before you start whimpering. I do hate whimpering. But...well, you're not whimpering. I imagine, from the look of you, that you're in a great deal of pain. Yet you meet my eye and refuse to show weakness. That's a rare thing...a brave flower." she sighed, meeting Antoinette's eyes with an odd look. She wasn't sure why she was offering her this, but something in the bravery, something about this odd flower, pulled at Tempest. She refused to look deeper into it, incase it was the pesky compassion flaring up.

Never mind her reasoning, she would just go on instinct. Her instincts never failed her. "So tell me this brave flower, do you want to live or die?" she would put the choice in the Rose's hands. If the woman wanted to die, Tempest would make it swift. If she wanted to live, well...Tempest would help. Normally, she wouldn't care one way or another. Normally, she wouldn't have even offered an option other than death. Yet here she was, finding herself hoping that the Red Rose chose life. That she said she wanted to live but did not beg. Tempest hated begging. But a strong claim to life, well...Tempest could easily honor that. It wasn't her fault the attacker left such a mess behind and didn't even finish the job.

Say they want to know who did it but the answer's really us see I don't know you, why do you want to know me?
PM
^
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: Jun 14 2015, 08:19 AM
antoinette beaumont

antoinette beaumont
"The Jabberwocky," she breathed- barely able to speak as she struggled to keep herself somewhat upright, struggled to maintain some semblance of strength; it was not a quality she possessed in any great amount, but she would try. She would survive, whatever it took... she had to protect her siblings. Tempest's question threw her for a moment, and wide eyes stared up at the woman who would prove to be either saviour or executioner. "He believes I do..." was all she said, as calmly and evenly as she could manage while her body continued to give up on her one piece at a time, her voice thick with blood.

Did she believe she deserved it? In all honesty, the Rose wasn't certain. In doing what she'd done, by aiding the villagers in luring Warrick to his death- she had saved countless lives, had ensured that many men, women and children wouldn't fall victim to him again. Or at least, that had been true until he'd returned from the dead. Yet she'd facilitated the taking of a life, or so she'd thought- and now to learn that all these years he'd simply been buried alive, to suffer beneath the dirt? Even for such a monster, she felt some pity... surely nobody deserved such a fate. Yet there was no denying the horrors he'd committed... and despite her gentle nature... Antoinette couldn't help but wonder if perhaps, he was the one exception that most definitely had deserved it.

"I'm not sure if I do." Came the eventual response, followed up by the faintest whispering of 'a slow death, I believe...' before she coughed, spitting more blood into the dirt as she did so- her face contorted in agony as she lifted it, trying to listen as Tempest spoke again.

Doing her best to stay conscious, to keep eye contact with Tempest- despite the fact her arms had given up and cast her once more into the blood-soaked earth- Antoinette spoke as loudly as she could, ignoring the tremble to her words;

"I have to live."

For who would protect the garden, if the Red Rose were to wither away?

GAT
tempest
SDROW
SETON
so sorry this took so long
PMEmail
^
tempest mirakel
 Posted: Jun 26 2015, 11:46 PM
tempest mirakel

The scent clicked the moment his name was uttered by the Red Rose. This just piqued Tempest’s curiosity even more, as why would the Jabberwocky leave someone alone. Let alone come onto the Queen’s turf to slaughter one of her people. Though, the handiwork did match his. He was violent, utterly destructive and terrifying. All things Tempest respected about him.

She cocked her head to the side as she heard the words for the truth they were. The bloodied blonde didn’t state whether she believed it was deserved, as many would have, but instead that he thought she deserved it. It was fascinating really, but she appreciated the honesty in that simple statement. She also appreciated that the Red Rose still didn’t beg. By now, so many would have. Especially when they were just barely clinging to life as she was. Tempest thought on those words, ”Well…I rarely care what others think…they aren’t always in the right, especially when they are men.”

She waited quietly as the Red Rose spoke again, claiming to be unsure if she deserved to live. She didn’t demand life, didn’t claim to have a right to it, or even a right to not be killed. It was very interesting and once again a sign of just how honest this woman was. Pure honesty was rare…it would be a shame to lose it.

It was her next words that made the decision for Tempest. It wasn’t so much the words but how they were said. The blonde held Tempest’s eye contact and fought with every remaining fiber of her being to say those simple words. Tempest believed her. She was fighting to stay alive, anyone else would have long been dead, even in Wonderland. But there was something this flower was fighting to live for, so when she said she had to live, Tempest believed her.

Tempest gave a slow nod. ”Okay Brave Flower, if you will continue to fight, I will help.” she stated. She dropped to her knees, her pants soaking up the blood as she scooped one arm beneath Antoinette’s knees, slowly bringing them up so she could scoop her other arm beneath her shoulders. Tempest was only five feet tall, barely weighing in over one-hundred pounds, but she had her beast strength and it was because of that that she lifted Antoinette off the ground with ease. ”Wrap your arm around my shoulder.” she said, her voice strong but gentle. Not a tone many heard. ”Hold on tight and I will get you to safety. But if you die in my arms, I will be quite angry.” she gave the woman a morbid half smile. Bandersnatch humor, quite odd.

She began moving at a quick pace, trailing bloodied footsteps as she navigated the gardens with ease. She kept her torso as still as possible so as not to jostle the woman in her arms. Why it mattered she didn’t know, but for some reason she was trying not to cause her any more pain. ”Do I need to anyone summoned?” she asked, her voice still holding the gentle tone. She wasn’t sure if Antoinette wanted one of her sisters summoned or a lover…or anyone. If not, Tempest decided she’d might as well stay at her side. She would have hated to waste her time saving the Brave Flower only to have her die, or at least that’s what she used to reason out why she felt the need to stay with the flower.

PM
^
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: Aug 6 2015, 08:09 AM
antoinette beaumont

antoinette beaumont
The words uttered by Tempest in regards to men brought a faint smile to Antoinette's lips, though whether she felt any true amusement or if she was merely humouring the Bandersnatch was uncertain: The Red Rose had a habit of providing good natured tolerance to the sense of humour of her sisters, especially when they'd been tainted by London. In many ways she was more mother to them than big sister, too frightened to allow herself to relax and engage with them on a more equal level. Especially when the Jabberwocky had still posed a threat, and even before his return… there had been so many dangers. She couldn’t risk their lives, they were far too important.

As she was lifted, she let out a hoarse cry of pain that, had she more energy- might well have been a scream. A usually beautiful, calm expression was contorted in agony as she leaned heavily into Tempest, one arm lifting with a feeble tremble to drape around the other woman's shoulder. “I'll… try...” She whispered, slender fingers curling into the fabric of Tempest's clothing, doing her best to hold on with what little strength she had left to exert.

“No… just … a healer, I can't… heal myself,” Antoinette forced the words through gritted teeth, feeling a moist sheen of sweat form on her forehead. She was feverish, and she knew she wouldnt be able to keep conscious long enough to guide Tempest in her care. There was one thing she was certain of, however- she certainly did not want any of her sisters to see her in this state.

“My sisters can't know.”

GAT
tempest
SDROW
SETON
so sorry this took so long
PMEmail
^
tempest mirakel
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 08:17 PM
tempest mirakel

Tempest frowned when at the weak noises that came from Antoinette. She could feel hot blood soaking her own clothing. The Flower was still bleeding, that was not good. It fascinated her how suddenly the idea of someone bleeding was bad.

She moved swiftly using back corridors and hallways to get the Red Rose to a safe place. Without realizing it, she found herself at the door of her own bedroom. When it came to safe places to keep the Red Rose, it had been instinctive to take her to the one place that Tempest felt safest. It was the best place to protect her, the best place to keep her not only safe but also to keep unwanted people from getting to her and seeing her.

She deftly opened the door with one hand, working not to jostle Antoinette. "You're safe now Brave Flower. But my warning still stands, don't die on me." her voice was soft with concern yet colored with a playful lilt. She moved to the large fluffy bed that sat with flowing fabric draping from the ceiling around what was a massive feather mattress on the ground. "Don't worry about bleeding on the sheets, the Cards have gotten very good at getting out messes." she mentioned it in a way to try and comfort the prissy flower. Though it may have come across as a little disconcerting.

She rested the flower on the bed, making sure to set her gently down. She then moved swiftly to the door, looking around and reaching out to grab a passing Card. She brought the Card into the room and slammed him against the wall with one hand, using the other to cover his eyes. "Listen and listen closely, I need a healer, the best healer. I need that healer now! So you are going to get the healer and bring them here, but you will not ask why and you will not enter the room. If you tell anyone, then I will find you and I promise, what happens to you, no healer in the entire land will be able to fix it. When you come back, you will stand guard outside my door. You will allow no one in aside from that one healer and anyone I say is okay. If I don't say it's okay, they don't come in. If I discover word of this has spread...well..." she chomped loudly close to his ear. "But...if you do as I ask. I will find a way to make it worth your while. Are we clear?" She waited until he nodded, then she pushed him out the door and shut it.

She moved back to the bed side, "Okay, the healer is coming Brave Flower. So just rest, I will find you something else to wear but I'm not much for keeping things...together. I prefer to tear them apart. So you have to wait to change until the healer gets here. No one knows your here...your safe." she crossed her arms on the bed and rested her chin on her crossed wrists. She tilted her head to the side, watching the bloody beauty quietly. "I'll protect you." she whispered softly.

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya