chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

eve's little shits
♚EVE
 Posted: Feb 18 2015, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I know this street and I own this crowd And my only companion is a lightning cloud I seem real nice and easy to trust Ashes to ashes and dust to dust I’m gonna lead you a path to self destruct On this crazy train that I conduct.
22AdminTHE OWNER184 postsapplicationplotting
EVE

Antoinette knew responsibility from day one. The perceived eldest of the flowers, the red rose was the older sister to them all, the only mother figure the rest of the garden knew. She kept them safe, taught them as best she could, and when the time came for the flowers to sprout legs and leave their safe haven; she was the one who ensured everyone learned to walk and dress appropriately. Of course, once London came around... that last part became a little trickier.

She is above all a creature of elegance, and fairness. She might have played a part in the disposal of the Jabberwocky, but she is a kind hearted and compassionate being. She always puts others first, which is perhaps why she hasn't confided in anyone her terror at the Jabberwocky returning.

After all... she wouldn't want to trouble anyone.

Friends, Enemies and Love are all open! She is the object of desire for Warrick though, so anyone who tries to romance her might come across quite the deadly obstacle! She has no feelings for him, though, other than abject horror and fear... so do feel free to try.

antoinette beaumont — thirty three — red rose — red — compassionate
Aubrey Whitney has been hiding a secret ever since he was little: his father (single after the disappearance of Aubrey's mother) is a violent alcoholic. When it's good, it's great... when it's bad? Well, let's just say there's a reason he skips school sometimes, and it's not the reasons he gives. Since he was small, Aubrey seemed to be one of the clumsiest children alive- always winding up with little cuts and bruises and it's carried into his teenage years, though these days; the injuries seem a little more intense. As always, though, his demeanour is bright and sunny- always joking, and always eager to cut classes and go somewhere fun. With his kleptomania barely kept in check and left undiagnosed, he's got a whole plethora of problems on his shoulders... but none that anyone notices.

He's a professional at keeping it under control, undetected.

He needs friends (probably mostly just those at high school age, he doesn't make a habit of hanging out with adults), enemies (unlikely to be anything serious at his age, though bullies are welcome!) and perhaps a little puppy crush? Who knows, anything goes with this boy.

aubrey whitney — sixteen — highschool — grey — kleptomaniac
Dominic Brooks has led a hard life. He comes from a rough background in Limerick, Ireland- having been raised in semi-equal parts by an alcoholic father, a mother under too much pressure and a strict Catholic grandmother. Bad tempers ran in the family and fights, shouting matches and physical abuse were all part and parcel from his earliest memory. It was only when he got older that he realised how abnormal his family life was, the beatings and the secrets- but he still keeps it to himself, feeling no great desire to share, or to include others in business that isn't their own.

He's lived in London since he was ten years old, though has precious few friends left over from his youth, after an incident in his teens that left him standing over the dead body of another boy with a bloodied knife in hand. These days, he remains on the wrong side of the law- a darker character in more recent years due to events that have left his very soul battered and bruised. He's a complicated figure to be sure, but if he can pull himself out of the hole he's fallen into, he has the potential to be a very loyal and protective friend to those who've stuck by him.

Friends, enemies and lovers (one night stands and casual flings only) are all welcome. Just bear in mind that currently, Dominic is in the depths of depression and isn't exactly the best of people to be around, considering his primary coping method is found in a bottle of vodka.

dominic brooks — thirty — con artist — grey — alcoholic
Jack is the Crown Prince of Wonderland, son of the previous Queen and her King, and heir to the throne. During his youth he was also placed as the Knave of Hearts, personal servant to both parents in an attempt to teach him humility; a trait he already knew better than the Queen herself. This dual positioning led to an unfortunate event concerning the theft of some of the Queen's personal treats. His status as the Knave led to fifty lashes from the Cat o' nine tails, and the scars he still bares are not simply physical. When his mother was taken away after a breakdown, Jack did not inherit the throne- but was usurped by his Aunt, the previous second in line before his birth. Personally, Jack didn't care- after seeing what the power did to his mother, he was far too frightened of following in her footsteps to want the throne at all. His Aunt has trouble believing this, though, and it's a subject of disagreement between them constantly.

After being dragged back from London against his will, Jack bided his time and once again fled to the modern realm- managing to avoid detection before the Looking Glass was sealed shut. He remains there now, hidden away from his Aunt and all the happier for it. He has no intention of ever returning home and, currently, has no idea that such a thing would be impossible even if he were to try.

Friends, enemies and love are all open! Just bear in mind he is currently in london.

jack lowell — twenty seven — knave of hearts — red — runaway
Judas Alvarez is an enigma. There are precious few in Wonderland who can remember a time where he was still good natured, still capable of compassion- and fewer still who remember the innocent kitten raised by the Mome Raths in Tulgey Wood. After the death of his beloved Alice, the Cat locked himself away for a hundred human years in his grief, having slaughtered the hospital staff of Bethlem Royal Hospital, Bedlam- the place where Alice had died. Over time his soul grew black, his heart locked away and all traces of compassion were lost. The Cheshire Cat slowly became a creature feared as much as the Jabberwocky or Bandersnatch, for while their brutality was expected and understood- his motives, his triggers and behaviour were entirely unknown. Nobody could predict what would inspire violence from the Cat, for he hid it all behind a carefully crafted grin.

Though the way to London is barred, he still remains the man to see if you need something. Few are as resourceful as the Cheshire, and providing you're willing to pay whatever price he may ask of you (an undisclosed 'favour' until such a time as he chooses to call it in) he'll get it for you. When making a deal with Judas one would be wise to remember that he chose his name appropriately, perhaps the only hint you'll get at the level of his trustworthyness. His only loyalty is to himself, and he has no problem using those around him to achieve his own desires.

Got a black band around your wrist? Allied yourselves to his side? Good luck to you, it's yet to be seen if he offers his acolytes any reprieve from the cruel playfulness he exhibits around those wearing red or grey.

Allies and enemies are welcomed. Judas has lost the capability to 'love' since Alice's death but is involved 'romantically' with Noah, the Duchess' son. However, being a cat and no longer confined to the monogamous relationship he shared with Alice, Judas has been known to sleep around when the whim takes him. Don't expect there to be any feelings there, though- he's likely to 'love' and leave you after the deed is done. So far, Noah is the only one since Alice that he's ever returned to. The reasons for this remain unknown, and it's questionable as to whether the cat himself truly knows.

judas alvarez — thirty six — cheshire cat — black — manipulative
Tobias "Toby" Quentin Williams comes from a very prestigious family descended from nobility in the Tudor era. He's never known poverty and has always had more money than he's known what to do with; or rather, his fathers money... he won't get his inheritance until he marries well. All his life he's been very sheltered, due to a premature birth; long hours were spent behind the piano, watching other children play on the street outside. It was only when he went to University that he got a very rude wake-up call for how the world really works, and he's not sure how he feels about it. Cynicism is something new to him, but he's taken to it well... and he's quite weary with his family, and the pressures put upon him. Being rich has never been easy, too much is expected of you, and he's more and more tempted with every passing day to tell his father of his sexual orientation, knowing it'd shake things up a little. He has to wonder though, does he want to be disowned?

Friends are definitely required and some 'enemies' could be fun! Nothing really open in the love area though, unless you want a fruitless crush or something similar. He has plenty planned in that area of his life already, poor bastard!

toby williams — twenty six — masters student — grey — musical
PMEmail
^
♚ASYA
 Posted: Mar 3 2015, 11:30 PM
You stand with your hand on my waist line It's a scene & we're out here in plain sight I can hear them whisper as we pass by It's a bad sign bad sign Something happens when everybody finds out See the vultures circling dark clouds Love's a fragile little flame it could burn out It could burn out
nineteenAdminfeels reaper251 postsapplicationplotting
ASYA

Antoinette

eleanor & red rose
acquaintances — these two have probably run into each other at some point, considering eleanor's a card. they're probably not friends since eleanor's also a human and was more than likely a little intimidated by the red rose given the latter's loyalty to the queen, but i can't imagine they'd hate each other.

fintan & red rose
friendly — they're both old timers by wonderland standards, so they definitely know each other. i'm sure antoinette is privy to the rumors surrounding fintan but doesn't care too much about them considering her garden has turned into a bunch of humans that can get into all sorts of trouble. they probably socialize at parties together and occasionally get tea — and, of course, fintan will more than likely be aware of the issues with the jabberwocky and will be involved with shepherding the card back to london, so we can explore that later on down the road.

jacqueline & red rose
a queen & her favored subject — though it was never obvious on the surface, jaq grew up with a special soft spot for the garden. not always quiet but never boring, the fact that jaq kept the garden after throwing out so many of the old queen's thing is proof enough that she likes them. she's very happy antoinette is on her side because having the leader means it'll be easier to get the rest of the garden on her side. we'll see what jaq does in regards to the upcoming jabberwocky mess — her involvement will depend largely on loyal antoinette continues to be.

payton & red rose
acquaintances — they know of each other, though they run in largely different circles, so i doubt they're friends or anything. payton and his brother used to run around all of wonderland, so he's probably spun stories for the other flowers and they know each other from that.

Aubrey

everyone & abby
wrong dimension — all my babies are wonderland-based, so nothing for now. the only one who'll know him first is fintan when he eventually kidnaps him, so we can talk about everyone later on. (eleanor's gonna think he's an adorable mess.)

Dominic

everyone & dom
wrong dimension — all my babies are wonderland-based, so nothing for now. the only one who'll know him first is fintan when he eventually kidnaps him, so we can talk about everyone later on.

Jack

eleanor & jack
wrong dimension — eleanor was in new york the last time he crossed over and has since been wonderland. they've not met simply because they were in each other's worlds at the right time. if they ever did meet, though, she'd probably end up bonding with him over the pressure of family expectations and whatnot.

fintan & jack
accomplices — i think we decided that fintan most definitely helped jack cross over to london after the portals closed. did we? i think it'd be the most interesting route if that happened. fintan, having grown up among the various social elite of wonderland, knows jack and has a secret softness for him — fintan understands the desire to not turn out like your parents and that was most likely the biggest motivation to help jack escape. does jack want to see fintan in london or no? fintan could be a friendly face but at the same time, he's a reminder of the world he's trying to leave behind. it's up to you, i'm fine either way.

jacqueline & the nephew
unfortunately family — jaq doesn't like small things, so having a nephew, a small human thing, was not her favorite thing in the world. also, it kicked her to second in line, and no, she's all about that throne. she's never been a fan of him and things between them are tense at best. she doesn't particularly care for him and, like i tried to say in jack's acceptance message, will be torn between leaving him to rot in london and dragging him back for a trial that would most likely end in his execution or severe punishment for breaking the number one law in wonderland right now. we should deff do past threads with them because they have such an interesting dynamic we won't get to play for a while.

payton & jack
acquaintances — payton's a little bit older than jack, but they probably know each other since payton is one half of the now infamous tweedles.

Judas

eleanor & cheshire
a cat & an unsure "supporter" — she doesn't know what to make of him. they've met (yay for me making up canon in my app) and she's both terrified of and intrigued by him. now that her band is black, things will be much more interesting between them. idk, we can go from here

fintan & red rose
fintas — FINTAS. MY BABIES. no explanation needed.

jacqueline & the cat
archenemies — we're set here. let the games begin!

payton & cheshire
a cat & a misguided supporter — payton chose to side with cheshire because to him, judas is the slimmest chance payton has of getting back to london. i say misguided because the only person who knows judas' agenda is judas. still, i'm sure they know each other and will occasionally interact.
PM
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Mar 5 2015, 05:01 PM
Emancipate me | Free the animal, free the animal | I love you so I'm putting you in quicksand | You take your chances when you kiss the hitman | The animal's inside of this infinite jest | Loving you to death
29BlackMarch Hare59 postsapplicationplotting
ruby singer

ruby & aubrey
Ruby was in London at one time, but these two would not have crossed paths. So we will leave this blank.

ruby & dominic
Ruby was in London at one time, but these two would not have crossed paths. So we will leave this blank.

ruby & jack
i think these two would get along well. She'd be very fond of him and a good friend in world that was a danger to him. She could have provided sanctuary whenever he needed it. She’d be very worried about Jack with him being so far away, though whether she knew he was in London or not is up to you. Perhaps she helped? She is a gray, therefore on Fintan’s side (or no side really) but she’d do anything to help keep Jack safe.

ruby & judas
Ruby is still in the deepest of denials that Judas is a bad guy. She’s good at wearing rose colored glasses, and in his case she refuses to see him as anything other than the Cheshire Cat she used to have tea with. So she considers him a dear friend, what he considers her is up to you. I know in the past you had it that he tolerated her as he did his Momeraths. Perhaps we could continue that? She’s just an oddity that amuses him and that has endeared herself to him as much as is possible for him. It’s up to you.

ruby & antoinette
Ruby is the March Hare, one of the madder inhabitant of Wonderland. Though she has spent a considerable amount of time in London, she was a mainstay in Wonderland prior. She very likely went and played in the Flower Garden a lot as a youth. Red is such a loving, motherly type…it might be interesting if perhaps Red were to adopt (unofficially) Ruby as a little sister? Ruby was never close to her family, since they dumped her when she was still a babe. She’s only ever had Hatter and Dormouse, neither of which make for older sister material. Perhaps Red could attempt to fill that spot in Ruby’s life? Ruby would come to her with secrets and when she needs advice. It’s up to you. I just had the image of Ruby sitting in front of Antoinette confiding in her as Antoinette plays with Ruby’s hair. Thoughts?

lael & aubrey
Aubrey was/is likely one of her students, and if you want we can keep the same dynamic, where she keeps purple art supplies on hand for him and has a purple wallaby hanging in her office. I know she’d find him endearing and would encourage him to do art as an outlet for what plagues him. /div>

lael & dominic
I’d like for these two to be friends. Dom could use some levity in his life and Lael wouldn’t judge him for his issues. Plus, she’d be a great support system and wouldn’t care if he got pissy. If it got to be too much she’d just set him straight and then things would be peachy again. She’s just too easy going to take his grump personal. Plus, she wouldn't be someone who asked much of him, she'd let him be private if he wanted to be private or she'd listen to him vent if need be. They could chill on the couch and binge watch ridiculous television and smoke up.

lael & jack
I think these two could be fun. Jack is stuck in London, perhaps they cross paths. Not sure where Jack is living but if he needed a roomy who knew nothing of Wonderland, Lael is up for the job. She’d be a nice, chill change from what he endured in Wonderland. Otherwise, I think they’d be good friends.

lael & judas
So…one is in London the other in Wonderland….yerp. She wasn't in London when he was...she was still traveling the world in a circus.

lael & antoinette
pLael is a Londoner, so I highly doubt they’ve ever crossed paths.
PM
^
antoinette beaumont
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 11:52 AM
I will not fall, won't let it go We will be free when it ends I, I've been waiting for someone like you But now you are slipping away... oh What have you done now?! Why, why does fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us, between me and you
31RedRED ROSE34 postsapplicationplotting
antoinette beaumont

FOR ASYA

Antoinette

eleanor & red rose
acquaintances — to be honest antoinette has a really hard time hating anybody and trust me, she's tried where warrick is concerned but the best she has there (currently) is fear. the only real way to get her to dislike anyone is by harming one of the other flowers, but so far that has yet to occur. she would be kind to eleanor, but probably keep a bit of a distance if only for that black band about her wrist.

fintan & red rose
friendly — definitely friends, she probably fusses over him as though he were one of her own to be honest. she appreciates and kind of envies his neutral position in things, unable to attain it herself considering she is the queen's symbol. she values his friendship very highly, and probably serves as a sort of confidante for the rabbit? i can see them being quite close in their way.

jacqueline & red rose
a queen & her favored subject — that's adorable, omg. antoinette does have a certain fondness for the queen, along with a healthy dose of fear and a great amount of respect. she does what the queen wills her to, but her compassionate nature would certainly intervene if she were asked to do anyone harm. for now however, she is unwaveringly loyal though privately disagrees with the strict laws and punishments in place in wonderland.

payton & red rose
acquaintances — i can see her being pretty fond of payton, and worried about what will happen to he and his brother if they remain divided. she's pretty big on sibling bonds so she'd probably try and intervene now and again to bring them back together.

fintan & jack
accomplices — oh yes so we did! i was operating under the assumption that jack sneaked out just before it happened but that works too! fintan is probably a mentor of sorts to jack, considering how long the rabbits been around and his wisdom. so i could see the young prince going to him to ask for aid in escaping. fintan is probably welcome, to be honest. while jack doesn't really like thinking about his family or home all that much, fintan is a friendly face with good memories attached- so he wouldn't turn him away. perhaps, considering he's cut off from wonderland entirely; he could be one that fintan unloads on when he doesn't want the queen or even judas knowing? jack's not exactly in the position to tell anyone.

jacqueline & the nephew
unfortunately family — RUDE JAQ. RUDE. but yes this all sounds great and i can't wait to get started! fancy starting us a past thread? nudge nudge wink wink.

payton & jack
acquaintances — most likely to be honest, i could see jack running around with them for time to time, he'd have found them to be 'super cool' and amazing and essentially the best worst role models for a young prince to have yep. images of fintan finding him with them and hauling him away like noooo lets not.

Judas

eleanor & cheshire
a cat & an unsure "supporter" — hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

fintan & red rose
fintas — FINTASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

jacqueline & the cat
archenemies — let the best cat win!

payton & cheshire
a cat & a misguided supporter — yes good it's all ok payton no worries you'll be back in burger king soon enough~

FOR FINI

ruby & jack
fintan was the one to help him escape, though perhaps she knew about it? he'd have probably wanted to say goodbye to her, so that works. i can see them having been quite close, and he probably misses her a ton.

ruby & judas
totally fine with continuing that! i did like their dynamic, with him tolerating her and being a little more friendly toward her. her neutral position probably helps a bit with that, though subtly he wants to see her turn to his side. yep.

ruby & antoinette
that image is absolutely adorable and yes, i could certainly see antoinette taking that motherly/sisterly role with ruby and being her confidant and friend. she probably worried a lot when ruby popped off to london and was probably a bit wary of anything she might have brought back to show her, but she'd have responded with the patient, mother approach to things; "oh that's lovely honey... just... keep it over there, yes?"

lael & aubrey
yessss good i missed these two <3 /div>

lael & dominic
yep i remember these two from before and i'd like to get that dynamic back! so they've been friends for a while now, maybe a year or so? just so they have some opportunity to interact. considering he's starting off on chessboard in secure unit of the hospital after a suicide attempt. visitors are welcomed, but obviously it doesn't afford him much opportunity to meet new people. so established friends?

lael & jack
oh god lael trust me when i say you do not want to step one foot into jack's apartment. while not exactly filthy, it's immensely untidy and sometimes the washing up piles up over the week before it's done... pizza boxes on the floor... yeaaaah. just no. however, i could see them being friends for sure!
PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 03:29 PM
Emancipate me | Free the animal, free the animal | I love you so I'm putting you in quicksand | You take your chances when you kiss the hitman | The animal's inside of this infinite jest | Loving you to death
29BlackMarch Hare59 postsapplicationplotting
ruby singer

ruby & jack
Okay, that's cool. I think close friends is good. And yeah, she could know, help cover for him when he needed it. It would have meant the world to her if he said good bye before leaving. She'd miss him greatly and worry about him considerably!

ruby & judas
Yay! Awkward friendship-type tolerance thing. Ruby considers him a friend, he considers her silly and endearing. I love it!

ruby & antoinette
Haha, I love it! I adore the idea of Ruby coming back to Wonderland and showing Antoinette something and Antoinette being all...oh that's nice sweetie. I like that Ruby has a female companion. Especially after having changed from male to female, she would have desperately needed Antoinette. I love this! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Ruby has an older sister! It'll be funny to watch Antoinette smile endearingly at Ruby's antics. She'll be the perfect mother/older sister for Ruby.

lael & aubrey
Yay! *stocks up purple art supplies* Lael adores her Wallaby. /div>

lael & dominic
Okay good! I like their dynamic as well and I agree, good friends for a bit. She will come visit him, she'd never leave her friend alone. She'd be far too worried about his mental health. Don't be surprised if she brings art to make his room brighter.

lael & jack
Haha, no worries, Lael's place is a mess...but not dirty...just art supplies and canvases EVERYWHERE! So perhaps it's best they not room together. Because the place would be a wreck. All paint and pizza everywhere. So let's stick with friends! I can see them getting along very well.

tempest & jack
I doubt these two were the best of friends. She was probably used as a threat against him a number of times. But, there's a chance that after Alice Liddell's influence, her compassion made her care about him a bit more. So much so, that when he went to escape...she didn't try to hard to find him? Not sure how his escape was made or if she'd have been sent after him. This really has potential to be anything. He could have been kind to her as a child, so she may have not hated him. She wasn't a fan of the previous queen who kept her locked up in a cage. So really, this could have gone both ways. I doubt they would have been best friends or even friends really. But perhaps she didn't hate him as much as she hated others.

tempest & judas
Judas is one of the few individuals Tempest wouldn't pick a fight with, not unless he threatened her. He makes her a bit uneasy, though she wouldn't never vocalize this. She also has a strange respect for him, and had she not already been loyal to the Queen, may have even sided with him. This could be interesting...fierce beasties that they are.

tempest & antoinette
Such a pretty flower, soft and gentle. I really don't know how their relationship would go. They both are faithful to the Queen, but they are near polar opposites as personality goes. So this could be interesting. Really, I don't think Tempest would have an opinion on Antoinette...it would all be up to how the Red Rose felt about the Bandersnatch. This would probably be best figured out in a thread.
PM
^
pierre bouchard
 Posted: Mar 24 2015, 09:53 PM
I'm wrecking this evening already and loving every minute of it, ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and it doesn't feel like a night out with no one sizing you up I've never been so surreptitious, so of course you'll be distracted when I spike the punch.
27BlackGryphon54 postsapplicationplotting
pierre bouchard

Pierre & Eve's kidlets

-Antoinette is patient and kind and nurturing. She just might have the tolerance to think Pierre is endearing. But I don't know of any big plots for these two.

-Pierre and Jack might have met once or twice long ago, but I doubt it was entirely memorable for either side. Unless Jack comes home or the portals open, these two probably have almost nothing to talk about.

-Pierre is pledged to Judas. Not because he preferred the cat over the queen, but because he thinks Judas might actually want the portals open again--and Pierre would do a helluva lot to visit London if he got the chance. But I don't think he'd ever want to be alone in a room with Judas. He has a lot of self preservation let's be honest.

Achilles & Eve's charries
-Achilles and Antoinette have probably never met, discounting passing one another by in the castle halls. She is too good, too pure inside for him to want anything to do with her. How does a killer with blood dried under his nails even say hello to the healing beauty? He doesn't, that's how. But shove him in a room with her and lock the door >__> he'll probably claw through the stone walls to escape. so it'd be funny to pit them against each other(though not unless roulette/event specified, cause i can't think of good plots).

-Jack will forever be a child in Achilles' mind. Even if he's declared an enemy of the royal family - which he has, frequently, by both queens - Achilles would hesitate with hunting him down, wouldn't try overly hard. For one thing, he lived a life not being accepted by his own mother, suffering at the hands of the one who created him. For another...he is this cute little boy with big pudgy fingers and dark, excited eyes and Achilles will never, ever forget having held him when he was small, when someone shoved the kid in his hands - probably the former Queen - and there's a secret bond there. Whether you think they'd have an interesting almost family dynamic or it's a one-sided weak spot, Jack is still a royal, exiled or no. Achilles will always have his back.

-Judas is terrifying, powerful, and nowhere near Achilles' league. Even if they'd met before Alice's death he wouldn't have messed with the Cheshire. He is even less interested in trying now. I doubt these two will ever thread - because Achilles' lack of a filter would leave him dead by the third post - but know it's a very deep respect and fear that he just doesn't acknowledge.

Bailey & Eve's Baes
-I don't know if you want Bailey and Aubrey to be friends the way they were before but she'd probably still have a soft spot, going to school with him for years. he's got this hopeless, tough-it-out look about him that abused dogs have and she'd gravitate toward that--she's always been a protector, it's instinctual. Plus, he's just adorable.

-No doubt Bay and Dom have never met. She doesn't frequent the bars he lives in, he doesn't visit her school. If they ever happened to meet they probably wouldn't have two words to say to each other--unless she saw him with Shannon. Then she'd be all too curious.

-Jack you poor thing. Stuck on a subway car with her. I wish you the best of luck, you are way awesome and she's kind of got a big, rude mouth. But they could be really interesting friends, should their thread go that way. For now it's probably best to watch them have at it.

PM
^
terrence chelony
 Posted: Mar 29 2015, 11:09 AM
........Sometimes........ he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.
36BlackMock Turtle117 postsapplicationplotting
terrence chelony

Terrence & Antoinette
Terrence has never known what having a family was like, at least as far as his living memory dictates. As far as he knows, he's always been a lonely old mock turtle. I think the mothering nature of the Red Rose would be good for him, even if he refuses to admit it. He usually only trusts Pierre to be his friend, but he's been willing to open himself up more often lately. Maybe Antoinette can find her way in and make him smile again.

Terrence & Judas
Terrence swore loyalty to Judas on the condition that he make him "not a mock turtle anymore". Terry was very upset at first that he was a human instead of a real turtle, but he is mostly over it now and has completely sworn himself to the Cat for all he's given him. Terry wears a black silk scarf to remind himself of his alignment and to give him hope that the portals may re-open. He isn't as afraid of the Cat as he should be, which could potentially lead to some fun toying with the poor turtle on Judas's end.
PM
^
♚EVE
 Posted: Mar 30 2015, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I know this street and I own this crowd And my only companion is a lightning cloud I seem real nice and easy to trust Ashes to ashes and dust to dust I’m gonna lead you a path to self destruct On this crazy train that I conduct.
22AdminTHE OWNER184 postsapplicationplotting
EVE

TO FINI

ruby & antoinette
Yes good, I love this <3

lael & dominic
I need a thread of her visiting him like right now. Perhaps it's her who makes a casual mention of her friend Dominic in hospital to Shannon? We need an excuse for Shannon to come see him. Because FEELS. Come on Lael, be the catalyst.

lael & jack
It would be such a mess omg. Yes, friends works fine!

tempest & jack
He would have been both terrified of her (because yes, I can definitely see his mother using her as Jack's personal boogey man as a child) and also curious when he was young. He probably brought her treats from the kitchen to try and make her happy so she wouldn't eat him in the night, and probably came to realise, after Alice's influence- that she wasn't so bad. Of course, when Alice came about he was a teenager but... still. They can't thread right now, but I like the little backstory!

tempest & judas
She's a clever girl, that Tempest. Honestly it's the approach most should have, a healthy dose of uneasiness and respect- and keeping ones distance. Still, he'd find her most curious and probably seek to make her defect to his side if the game ever calls for a bit more brawn. Because why not? She's a fine asset to any collection.

tempest & antoinette
To be honest she'd likely be terrified of Tempest. However, she's currently dealing with a much larger monster in the form of the Jabberwocky, who is about to beat her almost to death in their current threa and leave her unconscious in the Palace garden. Perhaps after he departs, Tempest could come snooping about after smelling the blood and bring the Queen's symbol back inside to be healed? Could be an interesting way to meet properly!

TO TAY

Pierre & Eve's kidlets

-AntoinetteYou don't ALWAYS need big plots Tay XD She's got a lot of big things coming up though, so I'm sure the opportunity will present itself. Yes though, I can see them being pretty good friends... and she's trying to help Terence see a brighter side to life too, so maybe they can tag team the poor turtle?

- Jack Yeah I got nothing for these two right now.

-Judas. Ohhh he does, he really does. He thinks it's childish that Jaq had them closed but still, he does agree that Wonderland was losing herself to London's influence. He wants to visit both places, but keep them separated. Is that too much to ask??? They will have to thread eventually, because Pierre darling... he's toying with your turtle.

Achilles & Eve's charries
-Antoinette Well that's why you have me! Antoinette is currently having a run-in with Warrick in the palace gardens, and will come out of that quite badly beaten and bleeding and near death. When she gets back to the Palace (don't know how yet, perhaps it could even be him who finds her), she might actually ask him to tutor her in self defence, she wouldn't dare ask him to waste time protecting her, but perhaps teaching her for a price? Because if she can't defend herself, how could she possibly protect her sisters?

-Jack These two actually genuinely cause me pain. I am so into the idea of them having a weird family bond because he definitely sees Achilles as some crazy bloodthirsty Uncle. I mean back on Fib, he couldn't even fathom the idea of having him executed or ejected from the palace even if he was a potential threat. He loves Achilles in his own way, and to be honest probably misses him somewhat now he's alone in London. Sure, Achilles absolutely bloody terrifies him in many ways... but deep down, I think he knows he has little to truly fear from him.

-Judas Ahahaahaha poor poor Achilles. You realise this means they have to thread at least once? Perhaps Noah can be there as damage control. Yes, we must have a group thread with those three- sorted.

Bailey & Eve's Baes
-Aubrey UM excuse you I always want them to be best friends. Bailey and Aubrey are my life blood and you can't just take that away from me?? I need them?? So yes, they have the same relationship as before and you need to start a thread for them like right now. You know the drill. Let the games begin.

-Dom See you say this, but my heart is whispering 'bad influence bad influence'. Though right now he's in hospital for the forseeable future so... we shall have to see! This might be easier to access once he's with Shannon. He doesn't really... hang out with kids.

-Jack Yessss I think they'd be hilarious, but we shall see. This thread amuses me, I must reply to it asap.

TO BRO

Terrence & Antoinette
She'll certainly do her best! We've seen them get off to a good start already, she doesn't seem too put off by his surly demeanour, and definitely wants to see the poor man smile! She'll dote on him as only Antoinette is capable of and do her best to cheer him up. Though, once the Jabberwocky starts to sink his claws in, Terence might notice a darkness start to slowly eat her up inside. It'll be interesting to see how close they are by that point, and how he'd react to seeing her light and her jovial personality slowly fade away into the same melancholia that he's embodied all this time.

Terrence & Judas
Oh but of course there will be much toying. Judas probably finds Terence's continual melancholia quite amusing, and whenever they meet I could certainly see him making comments to bring him further down. Such as "Ah yes... well I can imagine you would be sad, today is the anniversary of many deaths," or casually mention how the Jabberwocky is ever so fond of eating humans and perhaps he might have been safer as a turtle and just... yep, he'll toy with him like no tomorrow. He does appreciate the allegiance though, so he won't be too cruel. Maybe...
PMEmail
^
tempest mirakel
 Posted: Mar 31 2015, 08:13 PM
Follow me down to the river Drink while the water is clean Follow me down to the river tonight I'll be down here on my knees
33RedBandersnatch32 postsapplicationplotting
tempest mirakel

ruby & antoinette
YAY! Perfect!

lael & dominic
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Lael ships Dom and Shannon, even though she has no idea about them! So I'm all for this! We will thread her coming to visit him ASAP and then she can talk to Shannon about it! Wooo! I love this!

lael & jack
Yay friends!

tempest & jack
Oooh, interesting. I like that she'd be his boogeyman! And she'd have taken his bribes, probably actually been kind to him unless forced to be otherwise by the Queen. I think once her compassion kicked in, thanks to Alice, she became rather fond of him. This would be mostly because he showed her kindness when no one else would, so she already had an affinity for him she just didn't have the emotion to understand it. I like the backstory too.

tempest & judas
Haha, I like this. This amuses me. The only one in all of Wonderland that makes Tempest uneasy. I'd like to see him try and make her switch. It wouldn't be an amusing conversation.

tempest & antoinette
OHMIGODS! Yes, all the yes! Tempest hates when she cares about people, when her compassion kicks in. I think the Red Rose should be one of those few that she becomes concerned about. And it will be for reasons Tempest can't even remotely explain. She doesn't know why she felt the need to sweep in and save her. So yes! Tempest can be the one to find her, if she even remotely smells blood, she'd have to seek it out. I like this. Tempest would be so annoyed and confused about why she cares about a flower. She isn't fond of the flowers, so the fact that she cares about one...it would mess with her head! Yay!

ADDITION

evonny & dominic
She's an escort, he's hot. I think perhaps they've had the occasional dalliance. Thoughts?

evonny & jack
I'm not quite sure...Evonny isn't a bad girl, she's actually a very outgoing person. I think this is a thread and see scenerio. Thoughts?

PM
^
jack lowell
 Posted: Apr 7 2015, 07:31 AM
Run boy run! This world is not made for you Run boy run! They’re trying to catch you Run boy run! Running is a victory Run boy run! Beauty lays behind the hills Run boy run! The sun will be guiding you Run boy run! They’re dying to stop you Run boy run! This race is a prophecy Run boy run! Break out from society
27RedKNAVE OF HEARTS30 postsapplicationplotting
jack lowell

lael & dominic
Yes good! I'm gonna go ahead and start something for them when I get the opportunity <3 Since I heard you're not in a good place to post right now?

tempest & jack
Excellent! Check Jack out making powerful alliances. It will be interesting to see where Tempest stands if he's ever dragged back to Wonderland to answer for his crimes.

tempest & antoinette
Woo! I can't wait. Antoinette will probably be absolutely terrified when she sees yet another of Wonderland's monsters coming toward her, but she might relax a bit when she remembers where Tempest's loyalties lie. We shall see...

evonny & dominic
Oh definitely. Dominic isn't above using escorts here and there and chances are he might have actually enlisted her for a con here and there. I imagine they're friendly acquaintances at least.

evonny & jack
I wouldn't mind seeing what happens if we thread these two :) I have no solid ideas for them either, if I'm honest. Jack does need to socialise some more though, so yep!

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya